Graphics
Gigabyte 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the great info in this forum, I have been reading up and down for the last couple of weeks. Finally I am looking to start a build and was looking for feedback:

Already have Cooler Master HAF 932 with a decent PSU that I want to use to upgrade.
I intend to turn it into a dual-boot using a 2nd harddisk, just starting on OSX and not ready to cut the cord completely yet.

CPU - I5-750
Motherboard - GA-P55M-UD2
DVD - Sony Optiarc AD-7260S-0B
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint F3, 1TB
Video - GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 (per MAC-pro build)

Main question was regarding the video card.

Appreciate the feedback!

Looks like a good build.

Looks like at least one user (Splin) got it working.

There have been some issues with multiple simultaneous monitors - so do some research if that is needed. MacMac recommends the reference build - 2 DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort.

Lnx2Mac, Tony and a few other users told me to rather choose Nvidia toward ATI because it's easier to get them working (OotB, actually) and their advise is to go for a 9800GT (like their builds). And as soon as it's your first Hack, you should consider the easiest way...

Just my 2 cents ;)

Thanks for your review of the build.

I pondered over it for a while last weekend and then eventually decided to go with the CustoMac build, only deviating on the CPU as the I7-950 was available with MB combo and essentially $15 cheaper than the I7-930.

Had a bunch of problems first with the X58A-UD3R. Somehow the Bios was messed up and I lost network in W7 that I parallel boot via BIOS F12. After flashing the BIOS twice (???) suddenly W7 network works fine again. From there I went on to SL...

Came through so so the first time, could not get sleep to work, but I made a couple of mistakes when running Multibeast at first. Oh well, installed from scratch following MacMan's instructions in this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837&start=0&hilit=and+all+the+money+you+saved :clap:

and everything is just working fine now. Using FB Bios on Rev 2.0 board with DSDT from data base. Bluetooth working, Logitech Pro 9000, and MX mouse with buttons programmed working OOB.

:D :D :D

Now I am just waiting for the Mugen IIB - came in yesterday and was missing one of the 1366 brackets.

Many thanks to everybody - Multibeast rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back