CPU
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Recently my motherboard went out. It was so old I could not see putting the money into old hardware and I decided to purchase a new motherboard, CPU and memory, it was time. This time I decided to build hardware that is Hackintosh compliant. I been reading through the forum and I have put together my new system. I have seen some builds with pretty much the same hardware. Is there anything I should be aware of with this build?

Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Extreme4
Processor: Intel I7 8700K
Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series (16GB)
GPU: Sapphire GX-560 (already owned)

I plan on installing OSX on a dedicated SSD, I have windows 10 on a separate SSD. I will be using the UEFI Boot manager.

My case does not have USB2 support and the back of the motherboard does not have one as well, I found a little adapter off Amazon which plugs into the USB2 header on the MB and has a connection to plug in a USB2 flash drive, I understand USB3 can be a problem to install from.

Later this month I will have some time off work and I am planning on working on this install. If their is anything else I need to get or prepare for I would like to do any prework now.

Mike

Recently my motherboard went out. It was so old I could not see putting the money into old hardware and I decided to purchase a new motherboard, CPU and memory, it was time. This time I decided to build hardware that is Hackintosh compliant. I been reading through the forum and I have put together my new system. I have seen some builds with pretty much the same hardware. Is there anything I should be aware of with this build?

Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Extreme4
Processor: Intel I7 8700K
Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series (16GB)
GPU: Sapphire GX-560 (already owned)

I plan on installing OSX on a dedicated SSD, I have windows 10 on a separate SSD. I will be using the UEFI Boot manager.

My case does not have USB2 support and the back of the motherboard does not have one as well, I found a little adapter off Amazon which plugs into the USB2 header on the MB and has a connection to plug in a USB2 flash drive, I understand USB3 can be a problem to install from.

Later this month I will have some time off work and I am planning on working on this install. If their is anything else I need to get or prepare for I would like to do any prework now.

Mike

Your system should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra with the latest version of Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back