Contribute
Register

Brightness working only after sleeping and waking laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3542
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I was sucessfully able to hack my laptop Dell Inspiron 3542 (Core i3-4005U and HD4400) to 10.14.3.

Almost everything works. (Except Bluetooth and Headset-microphone and couldn't get iMessage or Facetime to work no matter what.)

But I have this weird bug, I got brightness slider in Sysprefs>Display by using brightness patch from Rehabman's git. Sleep seems to be fine too. but the issue is brightness only works after I turn off display throuh "pmset displaysleepnow" or manually closing lid once. I can toggle brightness using brightness keys but they dont seem to work without turning off display once. Any help would be appericiated.

Hi, I was sucessfully able to hack my laptop Dell Inspiron 3542 (Core i3-4005U and HD4400) to 10.14.3.

Almost everything works. (Except Bluetooth and Headset-microphone and couldn't get iMessage or Facetime to work no matter what.)

But I have this weird bug, I got brightness slider in Sysprefs>Display by using brightness patch from Rehabman's git. Sleep seems to be fine too. but the issue is brightness only works after I turn off display throuh "pmset displaysleepnow" or manually closing lid once. I can toggle brightness using brightness keys but they dont seem to work without turning off display once. Any help would be appericiated.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back