Contribute
Register

Breaking: Mac Pro Update Confirmed at WWDC 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
I think they will be going NVIDIA 6xx as they always alternate GPUs and last update was AMD based.

I think Nvidia will be more likely because Intel and Nvidia have ended their lawsuits between each other, this should help them to clear up compatibility issues with chipsets and what not.

New Ivy Bridge Mac Pro's Confirmed

Ladies and Gents I am pleased to announce Apple is finally updating the Mac Pro after two years of not being updated, additionally the new machines shall be seeing Ivy Bridge support, which means the fine person who created the BridgeHelper 4.0 can take a break as we should be seeing Mountain Lion or indeed Lion updates which will be able to boot on Ivy Bridge based processors.

It's nice to see Apple has finally put the hearts of many back to rest, additionally new updates for the MacBook Pro's however no updates for the Mac Mini as of yet. I just found out when a FB page posted a link to a 9to5 Mac.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/06/05/after...te-apple-to-finally-revamp-mac-pro-next-week/

Of course for most of us, this doesn't mean anything but for the people out there who like to stay on the bleeding edge of technology (I.E. Ivy Bridge) or the people who like to keep in check with their Mac brothers, this should be very welcome in my opinion.

Regards, Wobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back