Contribute
Register

Bootloader Theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tamorgen said:
ERROR: GUI: could not open 'Default/device_generic.png'
karacho said:
That means the device_generic.png File isn't present in /Extra/Themes/Default. Have a look into it if there is any *.png File

Well, I'm not in front of my Hackintosh, however, I keep a copy of my Extras folder from my laptop on my Dropbox. I had just copied the theme folder over to the new build. It is in the Dropbox copy, however, I suppose it's possible all the files didn't get copied over when I did the build.

The theme folder is attached.

karacho said:
Add this into org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• <key>Boot Banner</key>
    <string>No</string>

I had just found that about 5 minutes ago. I'll be adding that when I get home.

Attachments

• CleanMac.zip
    330.3 KB · Views: 148
Nothing wrong with the Theme...works flawless on my System. Below you see how my org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks now...

• <key>Boot Banner</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>CleanMac</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>3</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

karacho said:
Nothing wrong with the Theme...works flawless on my System. Below you see how my org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks now...

Okay, sweet. Must have been a Dropbox issue. Perhaps Dropbox hadn't fully synced when I copied over the theme.

Pigumon said:
I'd love to get a boot up without the initial text on black BIOS stuff... even if it's just a blank screen until the Apple logo shows up.

This is what I've been working on for my BIOS screen. I still may add the text for how to get into BIOS & the boot order, etc, but it sure looks better than Gigabyte's default background.

tonymac-apple-win.bmp

karacho said:
I think so

So, yes. That appears to be the problem....Dropbox not completely synced when I copied the folder. I recopied the theme folder, enabled it from Chameleon Wizard, and it works fine now. Something so simple, yet frustrating.

tamorgen said:
So, yes. That appears to be the problem....Dropbox not completely synced when I copied the folder. I recopied the theme folder, enabled it from Chameleon Wizard, and it works fine now. Something so simple, yet frustrating.
Fine it's working now :thumbup:

How can I get a theme like yours? I have mavericks installed now and I need a theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back