Contribute
Register

booting in 32 bit mode stable temp solution for fermis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Now that I got 10.6.6 up and running with the tonymac's Fermi NVidia drivers, I've left my itunes (just playing songs, no visualizer) for the past four hours while running 32 bit mode (as suggested by boardmember) and so far my Gigabyte GTS 450 hasn't given me KPs. For those struggling with Fermi KPs and would rather not use the wallsaver app, itunes visualizer, or muted movies in the background, this is equally effective. I'll take the stability compromise for now, hoping that netkas has a major breakthrough eventually.

For those curious, within iboot, type "-arch=i386". You can also add the following to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key> 
<string>arch=i386</string>

Thank you to both tonymac and boardmember for all your help and advice!!

EDIT: Meant to be a reply to a thread, but I suppose this could stand on it's own...?

Torsonik said:
Now that I got 10.6.6 up and running with the tonymac's Fermi NVidia drivers, I've left my itunes (just playing songs, no visualizer) for the past four hours while running 32 bit mode (as suggested by boardmember) and so far my Gigabyte GTS 450 hasn't given me KPs. For those struggling with Fermi KPs and would rather not use the wallsaver app, itunes visualizer, or muted movies in the background, this is equally effective. I'll take the stability compromise for now, hoping that netkas has a major breakthrough eventually.

For those curious, within iboot, type "-arch=i386". You can also add the following to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key> 
<string>arch=i386</string>

Thank you to both tonymac and boardmember for all your help and advice!!

EDIT: Meant to be a reply to a thread, but I suppose this could stand on it's own...?

4 hours in not that long... try to run it for few days at least to know for sure it helped...
I usually can work about 8 hours before I get a freeze...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back