i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z270N-Wifi, a Intel 7600T and a MSI 560 graphics card. I am using a USB2 stick to install 10.14.3 (probably with the Supplemental Update, since I downloaded Apple's installer after it was released) but the boot process freezes at some point. I never get to the installer. Hard to say where exactly since the monitor switches off at some point. The hardware continues running (the motherboard LEDs are still on, fans are still spinning), but the monitor uses it's signal.

Using the exact same setup and USB2 stick the installation of 10.13.6 wasn't a problem.

My thinking is that the USB setup is to blame because sometimes the last thing I see is the "boot device not found" thingy. I tried three alternatives. 1) I tried the 10.14.3 USB kext patches. Three different patches, whereas for 10.14.2 it was only one. Didn't work. 2) Tried to have nothing USB related at all, didn't work. 3) Tried the USB SSDTs from here + USB Inject All + 200 Series Injector. Didn't work.

I'd like to think I am an experienced hackintosher, but here I need some help. What USB setup do you guys use for 10.14.3? Did anything change with the Supplemental Update?

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z270N-Wifi, a Intel 7600T and a MSI 560 graphics card. I am using a USB2 stick to install 10.14.3 (probably with the Supplemental Update, since I downloaded Apple's installer after it was released) but the boot process freezes at some point. I never get to the installer. Hard to say where exactly since the monitor switches off at some point. The hardware continues running (the motherboard LEDs are still on, fans are still spinning), but the monitor uses it's signal.

Using the exact same setup and USB2 stick the installation of 10.13.6 wasn't a problem.

My thinking is that the USB setup is to blame because sometimes the last thing I see is the "boot device not found" thingy. I tried three alternatives. 1) I tried the 10.14.3 USB kext patches. Three different patches, whereas for 10.14.2 it was only one. Didn't work. 2) Tried to have nothing USB related at all, didn't work. 3) Tried the USB SSDTs from here + USB Inject All + 200 Series Injector. Didn't work.

I'd like to think I am an experienced hackintosher, but here I need some help. What USB setup do you guys use for 10.14.3? Did anything change with the Supplemental Update?

I am using a USB2 stick to install 10.14.3 (probably with the Supplemental Update, since I downloaded Apple's installer after it was released) but the boot process freezes at some point.

• My rule of thumb for all installations is to "ALWAYS boot the installer in Verbose Mode until the macOS System disk can boot without the Installer using its own CLOVER and kexts "
  • My second rule, if I have to ask for help in a Forum, take photos of Problem Verbose boot screens to upload to the Forum to support and supplement my post so that readers can orient themselves to my current predicament.
    • Otherwise they may start guessing and often go astray in their assessment.
My thinking is that the USB setup is to blame because sometimes the last thing I see is the "boot device not found" thingy. I tried three alternatives.
  • Here is the place for rule # 3
    • Whenever a problem occurs that I cannot solve , I want a new pair of eyes to see what I see and cannot figure out and a fresh approach uninfluenced by my own way of thinking to reach a different conclusion and suggestion to solve the problem.
Two things that you can provide that might help readers to suggest a possible fix:

1. Verbose boot screen just about the time it encounters the problem
  2. Clover from the USB Installer Flash disk .
    • To upload CLOVER from USB Installer as a zipped file try bulleted steps:- #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back