Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K S 1150 Haswell Refresh Quad Core Processor
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740
Have a look at this Monterey installation guide, for a system very similar to yours.

See post #49 for the latest EFI using OC 0.7.9 - #49 latest EFI

You could use the EFI attached in that guide to run macOS Catalina, with a few minor changes.

You would need to add your SMBIOS data to the PlatformInfo section, SMBIOS 15,1 works in Catalina and Big Sur.

UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion would need to be changed from '0' to the entries shown in the screenshot below, to run Catalina or an earlier version of macOS, which uses the APFS disk driver.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 16.37.37.png

You could use that EFI to run Big Sur, without the need for any changes, other than needing to add your SMBIOS data.

Hi Ed! Thanks for this.

I restored my backup of Mojave, to try and update directly to Catalina, however for some reason in the process Clover has updated to 5119 and now clover is not seeing any hard drives to boot from and I'm stuck. Any way to make clover recognise the hard drives again?

Thanks!

Using Clover_r5119 is fine. It is probably the best of the last few releases of Clover, as it doesn't force you to use the OpenCore settings.

There are a couple of possible causes for the no drives on the boot screen issue:
  1. HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHfs.efi driver missing from the /CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI folder.
    1. You only need one of the HFS+ drivers, with HFSPlus.efi being the better of the two.
  2. Hide Volume entries in the GUI section of the config.plist, includes the names/designations for your drives.
If you post a copy of your CLOVER folder I can have a look to see what if anything is amiss.

Just remember to delete or redact your Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM from your config.plist before posting a copy here. We don't want anyone else using your Serial Number etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back