Motherboard
ASRock G41M-VGS3
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm sorry if I picked the wrong category; I'm not a frequent visitor to tonymac.
So, I've made my own OpenCore, and it loads up fine, but before the menu appears, I get the following message:

BOOT MISSMATCH! OCVAR: Emulated NVRAM load failed - Not found.

I also have 2 NVRAM related things in my menu: "CleanNvram.efi" and "Reset NVRAM". "CleanNvram.efi" doesn't reboot after cleaning NVRAM, while "Reset NVRAM" does.

So, how do I get rid of BOOT MISSMATCH! and CleanNvram.efi? I'll attach my EFI folder in case someone needs it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Let's assume that 'BOOT MOSSMATCH' should actually be 'Boot Mismatch' and is a spelling error from the OC developers.

Legacy Boot.
Given the age of the components in your User Profile, I assume you need to boot your system using the Legacy method. Have you created the necessary 'Boot' file that needs to be added to the Root of the EFI partition, i.e. alongside your EFI folder on your USB or macOS drive?

Each version of OpenCore has a sub-folder called Utilities. One of the sub-folders is called 'LegacyBoot'.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 23.26.44.png

Within this folder there is a Terminal script named BootInstall_X64.tool.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 23.28.40.png

Which if used will add the necessary 'Boot' file to your OC setup.

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 23.30.00.png

You simply have to tell the script the number of the OC Partition and it adds the file for you.

ClearNvram & ResetNvram tools/drivers.
Here is a partially expanded view of your /EFI/OC folder, specifically the Drivers and Tools sub-folders.Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 23.13.56.png
You need to retain the ResetNvramEntry.efi in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder, highlighted in Blue rectangle.

If you don't want the ClearNvram.efi option to show on your OC Boot screen, when you press the spacebar, then simply remove this file from the Tools folder and the corresponding entry in the config.plist.

Which version of OpenCore are you using? I ask as when I used the ocvalidate from the Release OC 0.8.6 it doesn't show any errors with your config.plist.

Which version of macOS are you booting?

Let's assume that 'BOOT MOSSMATCH' should actually be 'Boot Mismatch' and is a spelling error from the OC developers.

Legacy Boot.
Given the age of the components in your User Profile, I assume you need to boot your system using the Legacy method. Have you created the necessary 'Boot' file that needs to be added to the Root of the EFI partition, i.e. alongside your EFI folder on your USB or macOS drive?

Each version of OpenCore has a sub-folder called Utilities. One of the sub-folders is called 'LegacyBoot'.

View attachment 558449

Within this folder there is a Terminal script named BootInstall_X64.tool.

View attachment 558452

Which if used will add the necessary 'Boot' file to your OC setup.

View attachment 558450

You simply have to tell the script the number of the OC Partition and it adds the file for you.

ClearNvram & ResetNvram tools/drivers.
Here is a partially expanded view of your /EFI/OC folder, specifically the Drivers and Tools sub-folders.View attachment 558445
You need to retain the ResetNvramEntry.efi in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder, highlighted in Blue rectangle.

If you don't want the ClearNvram.efi option to show on your OC Boot screen, when you press the spacebar, then simply remove this file from the Tools folder and the corresponding entry in the config.plist.

Which version of OpenCore are you using? I ask as when I used the ocvalidate from the Release OC 0.8.6 it doesn't show any errors with your config.plist.

Which version of macOS are you booting?
Oh damn, my bad. The OC developers did everything correctly, but somehow I managed to misprint "MISMATCH" twice in a row :/
Yeah, I'm booting using the Legacy method. I did everything as Dortania said (used the diskpart method and BOOTICE to restore the MBR and PBR), added bootX64, and renamed it to boot. There was nothing mentioned about BootInstall_X64.tool on Dortania.
I'm using OpenCore 0.8.6 and am currently trying to install Big Sur.
Update: got rid of useless tools; many thanks! The only issue left in my first OpenCore build is mismatch :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back