Contribute
Register

boosting posts?>RX580 1 fan running full tilt intermittently ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Thunderbolt 3
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Intel > Need version # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Guess im on my own

Update : I called AMD to see if I could get the VRM thermal pad thickness and they had no idea.
I then ordered .5mm, 1.0mm and 1.5mm thermal pads and a new tube of arctic silver 5 from amazon.
I then pulled the card to blow it out and look to see if I could see anything wrong. I saw very little dust but I went ahead and blew out around the heatsink fins as best I could. Im not going to pull the card apart until I have the pads in front of me. I then reassembled the machine and fired it up. Logged in and the fan did not take off like a jet engine for about 10 mins. As I'm typing this, both fans were running at a medium pace like they should and no jet sound until about 30 seconds ago when that one fan went full tilt and the other fan shut down. The jet engine ran until it went back to 45c and then shut off. This may be a hardware failure or a thermal issue. I'll report back after I tear the card apart and replace the thermal compound and VRM thermal pads. The VRM pads would have nothing to do with the run away fan but I want to have new ones in case they get destroyed during disassembly.
Very strange to hear that

I should have been more specific, I meant for lighting pro. I checked their website...still not available.
For me icue works only with mouse and keyboard

have you updated bios firmware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back