i7 8700K
Graphics
VEGA
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Asus does have it on a Z370 Maximus series and presumably on Z390, but what about other vendors? ASRock? Gigabyte? MSI?

Is there a list of confirmed NVRAM native support boards?

As far as I know, native NVRAM was fixed by AptioMemoryFix for all Z370 motherboards.

Clover does it now. In MultiBeast, select:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​

Or the appropriate Clover installer in Downloads menu (top right of this page) > Clover Builds

Clover does it now. In MultiBeast, select:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​

Or the appropriate Clover installer in Downloads menu (top right of this page) > Clover Builds
Kind of confusing between the info stated by @pastrychef and @Stork. If the board has native NVRAM, say Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 does on need to choose Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM? I'm having trouble verifying whether this MB has native NVRAM.

Kind of confusing between the info stated by @pastrychef and @Stork. If the board has native NVRAM, say Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 does on need to choose Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM? I'm having trouble verifying whether this MB has native NVRAM.
I have not heard of any current motherboard BIOS' saving NVRAM across boots. Thus, my recommendation above. @pastrychef's recommendation is appropriate if you create your own Clover installation. I mentioned the tonymacx86 Clover builds because it takes the guessing out of the equation. I use the Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM on all my builds which I use the Nvidia drivers.

I have not heard of any current motherboard BIOS' saving NVRAM across boots. Thus, my recommendation above. @pastrychef's recommendation is appropriate if you create your own Clover installation. I mentioned the tonymacx86 Clover builds because it takes the guessing out of the equation. I use the Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM on all my builds which I use the Nvidia drivers.
Thank you! That does put some clarity to the issue.

are still some boards with native nvram available?
It is not quite that simple, for example my Lenovo TS140 had native NVRAM support, I updated the BIOS and it was gone.
A subsequent BIOS upgrade restored it.

This makes the point bit more clear as well. But still is it just a rumour or are still some boards with native nvram available? the question is still open.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/87c9pf/what_are_osxaptiofix3drv_and_aptiomemoryfix_in/
Yes, that test in the ****** thread tests your motherboard's ability to retain NVRAM settings across boots. However, that test is good for your motherboard. The motherboard industry doesn't publish whether or not their motherboards have NVRAM retention as 1) it's a BIOS "thing" and 2) the requirement to save NVRAM represents a very small part of their markets and there are workarounds like the Clover "driver".

The good news is that Clover can save NVRAM across boots. So, pick your motherboard on your requirements as MultiBeast's Bootloaders option allow for you to choose a Clover "load" that retains NVRAM across boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back