Slimbook Pro2
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 3200x1800
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

Bluetooth on my laptop has suddenly stopped working. It happened at some point in the last 24 hours, but I can't be sure when as I've only noticed in the last hour or so. I've made several changes in that time including installing and removing several pieces of software and installing the 10.14.2 update.

Until yesterday, bluetooth was working properly.

I attached problem report files.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• debug_23218.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
Hi

Bluetooth on my laptop has suddenly stopped working. It happened at some point in the last 24 hours, but I can't be sure when as I've only noticed in the last hour or so. I've made several changes in that time including installing and removing several pieces of software and installing the 10.14.2 update.

Until yesterday, bluetooth was working properly.

I attached problem report files.

Many thanks!

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware. Remove.

No BT on the USB bus. Check in Windows to see if your BT controller is still working.
Check BIOS settings. Make sure "fast boot" disabled, "legacy/CSM" enabled.

Removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and checked BIOS settings. Unfortunately I have no Windows install, but I've also tried running from a backup of my MacOS install from prior to the problem developing with the same results. I suspect a hardware issue. I'll try a replacement adapter and report back.

Windows is easy to install.
I found Windows 10 wouldn't install to a USB connected drive and I'd rather not mess with my internal partitions unless it's absolutely necessary. Doesn't the fact that the bluetooth isn't working on a MacOS install that hasn't been altered since it was last functioning indicate a hardware issue?

I found Windows 10 wouldn't install to a USB connected drive and I'd rather not mess with my internal partitions unless it's absolutely necessary. Doesn't the fact that the bluetooth isn't working on a MacOS install that hasn't been altered since it was last functioning indicate a hardware issue?
Or just create a Linux live USB and test it there.

Windows is easy to install. Let me know what you find out.

Windows is easy to install. Let me know what you find out.
I've tried a replacement adapter and that has the same problem. I haven't been able to find a way to install Windows to a USB connected drive, though.

So... after 3 days without bluetooth and buying a new adapter...
Turns out my friend had used Fn+F12 to disable Bluetooth :oops: Apparently doing that survives everything from a reboot to altering BIOS settings. I hit that key combo again and -- voilà! Bluetooth!
Please mark as solved and let us never speak of this again.

So... after 3 days without bluetooth and buying a new adapter...
Turns out my friend had used Fn+F12 to disable Bluetooth :oops: Apparently doing that survives everything from a reboot to altering BIOS settings. I hit that key combo again and -- voilà! Bluetooth!

Which is why you should have tested in Windows...

Please mark as solved and let us never speak of this again.

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back