Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Dongle Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
nikstar said:
What do you think about THIS?
It is the same chip like the one that we have and it does not says that is combo (with BT)
It's not for HP
Make sure to get one that passes BIOS whitelist check.
How to tell if you not try it?

hi bk could you post a uninstall script for the Bluetooth i just installed your new pak and in all the excitement forgot I had done a Manual install missing out the Bluetooth last time , could the e a tic box to miss out the bluetooth from the install ?

al so i notist the appleintellcpupowerman for i7 is missing ? i installed from the previous pak to get my cpu back up to speed, i feel like i'm one of those awkward people one of the only people with a i7 who doesn't want the bluetooth :)

any how keep up the good work packed worked great and my geek is now evan higher

:eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 22.18.49.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-30 at 22.18.49.png
    51 KB · Views: 196
Give me some time and I will get you the uninstall package. But in order to get i7, we have a new method which I like a lot better. Please visit this thread and try to work with EugeneY to get it working his way, and I can incorporate it in the installer.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=42503

download this to your downloads folder. Unzip.

Open terminal and do:

Code:
cd downloads
sudo ./uninstall

Then you will need to get a vanilla IOBluetooth family, which you can extract from an update with pacifist.

jovius said:
I've orded one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320812770127? ... 441wt_1012

says it's hp compatible , so I'll report how I get on when it arrives,,, sometime in 2012 #!! ..

my macbook Bluetooth works after sleep but only if i take out the mini pci one ...
Even if you unistall the bluetooth drivers, it will not solve your problem.
As long as this card is connected to your machine and even if you disable at bios, your problem will remain.
The solution is to make OSX not "see" this card but I do not know how this can be done.

thanks bk , thats great ,i'm away for couple of days but i'll have a go when i get back..
nikstar i discovered that you had to take out the on board wifi/Bluetooth to get another one working , I've ordered a wifi only card , and i use a Bluetooth dongle out of a mac book pro so i am only interested in the original apple Bluetooth kexts
after my new card arrives i'll let people know how it works out

Lets hope it will work and will not be rejected by bios. Post results when you receive it. I am interesting too, for a BT solution.

the wifi card with no bluetooth turned up today http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320812770127? ... 441wt_1012
and the 4530s disabels it on boot ..thanks HP your the best,
didn't read the ad right thought it was just hp but it's HP Pavilion dv4

was thinking about de soldering the Bluetooth chip of the card if i can find it ??? mite order another Atheros AR5B195 to have an investigate

A guy that I knew told me that you can reflash your wifi to get it accepted from your HP whitelist BIOS... It's been a while ago so I don't remember where exactly I saw it. If I find it I will post info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back