Contribute
Register

Bluetooth device will not wake Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
To cut a long story short:

- For the past few months I've been running with a ASUS bluetooth USB device plugged into my Hack. All worked fine.

- Last night I "upgraded" to an authentic Apple BCM94360CS2 WiFi/Bluetooth card. Installed via a M.2 adaptor with USB connection (to an internal header) for bluetooth. All works.

- Today I noticed that my Hack was waking immediately after sleep. Tracked this down to the wrong UsbConnector type in my SSDT config (was 3, is now 255 - "internal"). This has fixed the sleep issue...

However, now my keyboard & mouse no longer respond when the Hack is sleeping. This had worked perfectly before (with both ASUS and BCM hardware).

So... can I square the circle and get my Hack to sleep *and* be woken via Bluetooth keyboard/mouse?

Note that "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake computer" is enabled in system prefs.

Thanks.

Build:
Gigabyte Z390i (CNVi Wi-Fi module removed)
i7-8700
RX 580
32GB RAM
256GB m.2 SSD

Got it worked, thought I should let you know, because this is the only post I've found which revealed a exactly same issue when I started my journey days ago.

[ ASUS TUF Z390M PRO GAMING (WIFI) + i7 9700 + RX 570 + 128G RAM + Dual 1T m.2 SSD ]

In the first place, I used a Fenvi FV-HB1200 (bcm94360cs2) pcie x1 card (to a PCIE x1 slot), which works almost perfectly, except the Magic Trackpad & Keyboard cannot wake the Hack. Of course, I also removed the onboard CNVi WiFi module.

Any way, to make it work, I bought several mainboards to do the test, along with different WiFi & BT module (Apple Genuine with different type of adapter).
After a loooooot of test have been made, it Finally worked, almost like a native mac.

My WiFi/BT solution:
- USB port mapped (include the internal one to 255, which works with the CNVi module);
- BCM94360cd with m.2 adapter (https://www.amazon.com/dp/BCM94360CS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) to the CNVi socket;

FYI:
- Any wired usb device could lead to a sleep failing (even if the port is mapped to 255), keep this in mind.
- On a specific mainboard, different USB port might have different power management policy (My guess), in my case, the CNVi module worked, but the PCIEx1 & onboard usb port(9 pin) did not.
- PCIE power management might have a influence, when I used to use the FV-HB1200, the WiFi module isn't working while the hack is sleeping (by pinging the WiFi nic IP). But now the WiFi is actually working when the hack is sleeping, I could even ssh to the hack, but the ssh login will wake it up.

Good luck.

I've went on the same road, after some research I've found that the build in bluetooth on BCM94360CD seems to rely on power from pci-e lane, and my motherboard seems to kill all pci-e power durning sleep, after i've changed to a pure usb bt dongle, everything works eg. wake from sleep, handoff...

Just wanted to share, hope it can help someone in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back