CPU
I5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been struggling to get my Bcm94331CD card's bluetooth to work on my dual boot (+ Win10) desktop. Wifi on same Brcm card works fine. The card is mounted on a PCIe adapter. In theory, this card + adapter combo should be native, correct? I.E, I shouldn't need to do anything else, right?

Some data points:
Running latest High Sierra 10.13.6 - can't update to Mojave, but that's for another post.
Running Clover 4961
Tried installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/ & BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext/ (latest ver) into /L/E both by using Hackintools and also by manual methods (disable sip, added boot arg to nvram, copied files, sudo touch /L/E, rebuilt kextcache, restart, etc.). Also tried injecting via clover - substituted BrcmFirmwareData.kext. None worked for me.

These are injected from Clover (in kexts/Other)
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

All are the most recent versions. I previously had also tried with FakePCIID removed, but that didn't seem to change the outcome...

System info/profile shows in the wifi section:
* Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0xF4)
* Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.190.19.1a4)
Bluetooth section shows "No information found."
DPCIManager also shows BCM4331

And I'm not sure the firmware loads. Running sudo cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp] returns nothing.

Onboard Bluetooth from the Asrock Z370 works, but not terribly well. No antennas so I get a very weak signal that causes unusable lag on my magic trackpad.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something obvious? What should I try next?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Not really solved, but I decided to boost my onboard bt signal since I know that works.

I found a thread that discussed connecting the usb port on the adapter card to the mb as it needs power. Sounds like that could be my issue, but it's easier for me to find antennas than a usb mini to motherboard header cable for the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back