Graphics
HD-5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a new build that I just put together. Its a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 mobo with an i5-2500k and ATI Radeon 5770.

The only thing I am really missing is Blue Tooth right now. I want to get a USB adapter, but I don't know what I should look for...

Will any adapter work? What should I look for? Is there a USB 3.0 version I should look for, or are they all USB 2.0? I want a good one to connect a magic mouse, keyboard and phone, headset, etc... does anyone have some suggestions as to brands?

Thank you!

Wayd said:
I have a new build that I just put together. Its a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 mobo with an i5-2500k and ATI Radeon 5770.

The only thing I am really missing is Blue Tooth right now. I want to get a USB adapter, but I don't know what I should look for...

Will any adapter work? What should I look for? Is there a USB 3.0 version I should look for, or are they all USB 2.0? I want a good one to connect a magic mouse, keyboard and phone, headset, etc... does anyone have some suggestions as to brands?

Thank you!

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/building-sandy-bridge-customac.html

Scroll down a bit.

USB 3.0 isn't necessary for Bluetooth.

@ flatfoot

From the link you posted, Tony recommends the ASUS USB-BT21. It looks like that has been discontinued because everyone is out of stock. Are there any other good recommendations? I see the D-Link one, but I am not a huge fan of D-Link products, so I just want to determine my options. I would not mind an internal card option either.

Thanks

Wayd said:
@ flatfoot

From the link you posted, Tony recommends the ASUS USB-BT21. It looks like that has been discontinued because everyone is out of stock. Are there any other good recommendations? I see the D-Link one, but I am not a huge fan of D-Link products, so I just want to determine my options. I would not mind an internal card option either.

Thanks

Hm, ok...
I'm using this one.
Works like a charm; only thing is that I can't disable BlueTooth (always activated).

see my signature, super HOT :p

I can confirm this Bluetooth adapter to work with no kexts or anything. it was small enough that I forgot about it and left it in when I installed OSX. then I saw the bluetooth icon, and tested it. everything works, and for less than $2, its worth the wait from Hong Kong. Additionally, the case pops off, and you can very easily solder extra wire onto the antenna to increase range. I did so in about 2 minutes using a single strand of wire from a broken ethernet cable.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/super-mini-bluetooth-2-0-adapter-dongle-vista-compatible-11866

Thanks guys! I ordered one of the cheap ones you guys posted. I will follow up with how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back