Contribute
Register

Black/Silver Powermac G5 [processing]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its custom, made it with Alibre Design CAD, measured out every milimetre by hand, was a lot of work but it came out pretty well :) Finally it was laser cut by a friend of mine :headbang:

If you want i can post my files (DXF or whatever format you/someone like)....

hello, your case looks great!

i am also in the early stages of a g5 mod, and would love to use your .dxf for reference. i am also designing my own backplate witch i will have water jet cut. i am very interested how your I/O attaches to the backplate?

thanks!

Nice! Good job!

Noctua fans are the best, but the color... mehhh ;-) I would get some plastic primer and spray paint it black as well. Would look a lot better imo.

@taumaz

I will upload them next time I boot into Windows ;-)

@brammee

I know, I don't like the color neither. My PSU fans (Noctua 60mm) for the PSU are a bit to loud for my taste so maybe I'll attach another 120mm fan on the PSU. But then I need to cut two holes in the PSU case :-/ I also thougt to paint the fans black but at the moment I have no time for that o_O

I love the case and colors:thumbup:
If you painter the front of the dvd black it wouldn't show through the mesh.
I love the black but makes it hard to see inside could you please take some more pictures using a flash so the inside shows up better for my poor week eyes.o_O
Thanks Bruce

Little Update from my side:

HDMI Audio now works perfect, had to patch my DSDT File :thumbup:

Because my system runs a bit to loud for my flavor, especially the GPU fans, I just ordered this passive cooler:

[h=1]Accelero S1 PLUS[/h]
I hope it will fit under my PCI Wifi mod, otherways I have to custumize the cooler :crazy: I think it should run without a fan if not I will install a silent 120 mm fan on the top shelf.

Better pictures will follow.

Regards
Patrick

Short update, installing my new Accelero S1 Plus GPU cooler:

IMG_1723.jpgIMG_1724.jpgIMG_1725.jpgIMG_1726.jpgIMG_1727.jpgIMG_1728.jpgIMG_1729.jpg

First I run it without any fan, but the temps were too high. I put an older 140mm bequiet! fan on it an my temps are now about 30 degres on load. But the GPU is definitely more silent than before because you can not hear the 140mm fan.

I think for the moment I'm finished but still waiting for some NXZT cables and maybe i create some CAD file to cover my back fan (the brown one ;-) ). I think this would be easier than paint them black. I also thought about installing an 120mm fan on the PSU including an nice CAD cover. The installed 60mm fan run on 1000rpm, at the moment they are silent enough but I don't no if they blow enough air over the PSU. I have to measure some tempretures tests on that.

Thats all for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back