HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dell Inspiron 3543 - i3-5005u

Ever since 10.12.4, every time I put my laptop to sleep, and then wake it, I will get a black screen with it being backlit. I have noticed others having this problem and it being an EDID issue. The problem is when I use darwin dumper, and then open the binary file via FixEDID, the aspect ratio is 368:645 , an insane aspect ratio. I thought it was FixEDID problem but I open others EDID bin files and their Aspect ratios are 16:9

My question is what should I use to dump my EDID binary files on windows, or if there is an different program to use on macOS, but I think this is a MacOS problem anyway.

Problem reporting files will be uploaded later today.

Dell Inspiron 3543 - i3-5005u

Ever since 10.12.4, every time I put my laptop to sleep, and then wake it, I will get a black screen with it being backlit. I have noticed others having this problem and it being an EDID issue. The problem is when I use darwin dumper, and then open the binary file via FixEDID, the aspect ratio is 368:645 , an insane aspect ratio. I thought it was FixEDID problem but I open others EDID bin files and their Aspect ratios are 16:9

My question is what should I use to dump my EDID binary files on windows, or if there is an different program to use on macOS, but I think this is a MacOS problem anyway.

Problem reporting files will be uploaded later today.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, you need to fix your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, you need to fix your profile as per FAQ. Before your next reply.
Will upload problem reporting files later, do not have access to my laptop at the time, and it is one of my top priorities that I do so.

Could you tell me what program i should use to dump EDID.bin via windows?

Also what do you mean by fixing my profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back