Register

<< Solved >> Black screen on boot with NVidia web drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Hi, I've managed to install High Sierra on my computer, got everything working now apart from the display drivers. I am using an NVidia 750Ti, and have installed the relevant NVidia Web Drivers for my OS version (17G65 I believe), but when I boot with this driver injected, I get a black screen after the Apple loading splash.

Last night I installed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, and managed to boot in with the NVidia Web Drivers, and everything was running smoothly, so I set some software to install overnight, but when I came back to the computer this morning, it was asleep, and I got a black screen when I woke it up, and now I am back to black screen boots when I have the NVidia Web Drivers enabled.

I can still boot into OSX if I disable the driver injection in Clover, but unfortunately programs like Opera don't display properly (lots of glitching squares over the window) so I really do need to get this NVidia Driver installed properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

EDIT: Solved https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-on-boot-with-nvidia-web-drivers.270685/post-1916890

Last edited:
Solved it!

For any body else with the same issue, the problem is that the graphics card was not automatically detecting which display output was connected (I was using the HDMI port). Turns out it was just outputting from the DVI port, as buying a DVI to HDMI adapter and exclusively using that port solved the problem.

So if anyone else is experiencing this issue, do try all the display outputs on your graphics card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back