Contribute
Register

Black Screen - Can't get to BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Running Parallels Desktop for Mac is not possible on a Hackintosh as this program makes what we used to call "BIOS" calls to the actuall DSDT file /bios that apple uses on a retail MacPro - "

That's a very odd statement, since Parallels is how I run Windows XP on my hackintosh.

Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 11.13.35 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 11.13.35 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-28 at 11.13.35 PM.png
    575.8 KB · Views: 208
totenkopf4 said:
drinx

Running Parallels Desktop for Mac is not possible on a Hackintosh as this program makes what we used to call "BIOS" calls to the actuall DSDT file /bios that apple uses on a retail MacPro -

As all of use w hackintosh's have either no DSDT file or imcomplete one's this is not reccomended as a whole - just dual boot you system and put that software on eBAY for sale

What happend to the motherboards was that your BIOS was modded by assembly code from that program and hose'd it - also may have fried a chip if the diagnostics are accurate but not likely - the MB's needed a BIOS reset or a recovery BIOS procedure inorder to get video to work!
Totenkopf4

That's plain wrong. I run parallels every day on my systems, including the ones without DSDTs.

totenkopf4 said:
drinx

Running Parallels Desktop for Mac is not possible on a Hackintosh as this program makes what we used to call "BIOS" calls to the actuall DSDT file /bios that apple uses on a retail MacPro -

As all of use w hackintosh's have either no DSDT file or imcomplete one's this is not reccomended as a whole - just dual boot you system and put that software on eBAY for sale

What happend to the motherboards was that your BIOS was modded by assembly code from that program and hose'd it - also may have fried a chip if the diagnostics are accurate but not likely - the MB's needed a BIOS reset or a recovery BIOS procedure inorder to get video to work!
Totenkopf4
Answers like this which is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong will result in you being ignored.

This is totally untrue and you need to do some homework before spreading it. PLus other comments you said on this post that MacMan has outlined above.

You are thinking of bootcamp, hacks cannot run bootcamp as that is a Logicboard interface that of course ATX motherboards do not have.

Parallels and Fusion are both used to run OS' in a virtual environment. I myself use Parallels in my OS X to run Windows 7 to utilize photo software.

Thank you everyone for the clarification. I had been reading about people using parallels, so I was a little confused as to why it was giving me trouble. It sounds like that may not be my issue then. Does anyone have any other advice as to what I could look into that could be causing this problem?

Thanks!

I would look to RAM if you've already changed the motherboard. However, usually after the Phase LEDs go out, it means the system has successfully POSTed. Have you connected a motherboard speaker to the "speaker" header on the motherboard?

Hmmmm , I bet it's a faulty PR ( power regulation) chip in the PSU , oversupplying voltage somewhere possibly or mobo PR chip fault , those suckers often take a little warming up until they go into spasms. Gordo's thought on ram faults is definately worth a look too , same deal initial boot is fine but once warmed up degrading under load causing a mem fault.
But if i were going to look anywhere it'd be PSU and specifically voltage outputs.

SOLVED - Black Screen - Can't Get to BIOS

Hey everyone,
I am not sure what the problem ended up being but I have had a working system for a couple of weeks now. Apparently one of my HDDs was faulty and was locking me out of the system. Once it was removed and the BIOS was cleared, everything started up and seems to be solid.

I will keep you posted if things change, but now I am on to tuning.

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back