CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know there's a thread on the RX580 black screen, but thought this might be a bit different.....

I was up and running on 18,3 SMBIOS, changed to 13,1 because of JPG problems.
Updated to the latest beta.
changed back to 18,3 to see if the upgrade thunderbolt firmware notice would go away (lates problem with the new beta)
Now my Hack's screen goes black (I think it's asleep while I can hear programs load).
If I change back to 13,1 (thankfully I have my USB), the monitor works. (still have my firmware upgrade notice).

Any thoughts?

@P1LGRIM thanks for the idea, all updated, but screen still black when I'm at 18,3.

@P1LGRIM thanks for the idea, all updated, but screen still black when I'm at 18,3.
No expectation of Clover fixing your black screen, just the firmware issue.
If you are using display port for your monitor try using the Board ID of an iMac14,2 (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61) with your iMac18,3 SMBIOS.

the solution of @P1LGRIM works, but this doesnt give you any change of hardware encoding/decoding on your RX580. A better solution is to switch to smbios 6,1, and delete any extensions like whatevergreen and lilu. (only delete lilu if you dont use it for a soundcard driver for example). also turn off your iGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back