Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have yosemite 10.10
I recognized the nvidia driver and video card Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 and does not enter the system reset the screen turns black disconnects.

Yosemite entrance: nv_disable = 1

I wonder if someone can help me with the same issue I'm having on 10.10.4. The machine will boot to the apple logo with the loading bar, load about 1/3 of the way and the screen will stop receiving a signal. I'm using a GTX 285 and I have replaced my AppleGraphicsControl.kext file with the one I downloaded from post #54 and I've used Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. I've posted my modified org.chameleon.Bot.plist file. The only things I've changed are the IGPEnabler and GraphicsEnabler, which are now set to "No".

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Image_01.png
    Image_01.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 141
After following " #48 "

I was able to boot into the system without any flags....
But it was still flickering when i clicked "Enter" on login, Graphics was bad, not even 1920x1080 (FHD).

Under Graphics things under "about Mac" it said Nvidia chip 5MB. While i have a GTX 780 Ti.

I do not know how to uninstall/remove the webdrivers for Nvidia, i have only been using Hackintosh for 24 hours!

I tried "ReBuild Cache" and "Repair permissions" then reboot, everything was the same.. Still flickering and a bit buggy. I have tried changning with multibeast to Imac and Mac pro. Still didnt work.....

So i am here, not knowing what to do. Do i have to remove the webdrivers if, How ?

To all having the issue and cant fix it, check you have installed the correct drivers matching for your os x el capitan version.... (search the thread nvidia release alternate drivers for os x el capitan)

Then following the guide if Black screen error :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

( the Agdp Fix its the step worked for me)

And if NvRam doesnt show correctly, some old or low end nvidia cards need the "inject nvidia". In clover boot to run fine... (my 710 gt Fermi based needed it)

Hope it helps.

To all having the issue and cant fix it, check you have installed the correct drivers matching for your os x el capitan version.... (search the thread nvidia release alternate drivers for os x el capitan)

Then following the guide if Black screen error :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

( the Agdp Fix its the step worked for me)

And if NvRam doesnt show correctly, some old or low end nvidia cards need the "inject nvidia". In clover boot to run fine... (my 710 gt Fermi based needed it)

Hope it helps.

Pike 's method for replacing AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back