Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BIOS F14 doesn't work @ Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming (update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC-F22 OC 0.8.2
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just tried to update to 10.14.5 and changed the BIOS firmware of my board from F11 to the newest version F14.
I know that it is not a good idea to change 2 things together because you aren't able to discriminate the source of trouble if appears some.
Murphy helped in getting problems: My system needed hours to not boot anymore. Tried it with internal backup, external 2nd backup. Tried it even with an install stick (OS X 10.14.4) - long booting times which never reached the end...
Then google told me that there seems to be some problems with firmware F13 and F4. Didn't believe that this may causethe boot problem but tried it. Happily Gigabyte allows to downgrade BIOS versions so I was able to go back to F12 - an it worked.
I was able to run the 2nd update boot for 10.14.5 and all is working pretty now.

My question:
What is the problem behind newer BIOS versions?
I know that I should be just happy with a working F12 but:If I want to use a more modern CPU I'd need to use a newer BIOS version and then I would be stuck with booting problems.
Does anybody know what the problem is (and how to solve it)?
Thanks in advance...

Just tried to update to 10.14.5 and changed the BIOS firmware of my board from F11 to the newest version F14.
I know that it is not a good idea to change 2 things together because you aren't able to discriminate the source of trouble if appears some.
Murphy helped in getting problems: My system needed hours to not boot anymore. Tried it with internal backup, external 2nd backup. Tried it even with an install stick (OS X 10.14.4) - long booting times which never reached the end...
Then google told me that there seems to be some problems with firmware F13 and F4. Didn't believe that this may causethe boot problem but tried it. Happily Gigabyte allows to downgrade BIOS versions so I was able to go back to F12 - an it worked.
I was able to run the 2nd update boot for 10.14.5 and all is working pretty now.

My question:
What is the problem behind newer BIOS versions?
I know that I should be just happy with a working F12 but:If I want to use a more modern CPU I'd need to use a newer BIOS version and then I would be stuck with booting problems.
Does anybody know what the problem is (and how to solve it)?
Thanks in advance...

Solution : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/

You are right. I tested this and it works!

Hello everyone!
I've h ad the same problem! did I update my bios gigabyte z370m d3h to version f14 and the hack died? Can I really downgrade and fix the problem so I can get back to the situation before?

Yes you can, and you can read the above posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back