Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone succeeded installing Big Sur with this CPU that lacks the iGPU using either Clover or Big Sur? I have had success with Open Core on prior generation Intel with iGPU and even Ryzen (no GPU) but I can not get OC 6.6 to boot. The config.p passes the sanity check and I have tried multiple symbios but the boot hangs early and at different places. I could post the EFI sans identifiers but I am not sure it is even possible at this point to boot MacOS with this CPU. I also made a stab with Clover which didn't get very far either.

Well it can be done, at least with OC6.7 and BigSur or I wouldn't be typing this. Why the EFI that boots BS will not boot Catalina I have no idea, I was expecting the opposite. The short of it is that an F class CPU is no problem but the Z490 chipset combined with MSI special sauce are something to avoid, but too late for that. Also read the cryptic Doratanian troubleshooting hints. I am also at a loss as to why the appropriate ethernet kext is not working but I have an old Apple USB ethernet adapter that works so no loss, can circle back there later because I already spend way too much time on this. Never use Safari or Apple TV so no DRM problems. I tried Ryzentosh but that proved useless because of what would not run and then was going to give up on Hackintosh because M1. But old habits are hard to break . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back