Contribute
Register

Big Sur installation stuck on progress bar (opencore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp
CPU
I5 8250u
Graphics
UHD 620, GeForce 940MX
Hi.
I am a little new to opencore and hakintosh.
I carefully followed opencore installation guide through their website and gather onencore EFI related files from github accordingly to my laptop Cpu.
Boot with.
* All thing was ok execpt ACPI error showed on my screen but process continued and installation bigsur page arrived. successfully installed fisrt setup from usb and automatically laptop reboot to continue installation.
* Problem: installation continued after reboot with apple logo and progress and hard drive worked, untill : About 6 min remaining ... of installation, and all thing stopped and freezed. I stay more than 15 min but nothing happened.
* What should i do ??

* Specs:
* Bigsur public ver.
* Opencore 0.6.4 ver.
* Config.plist : set according to opencore installation guide (Kabylake) with new drivers and kexts.
* Hp laptop : i5 8250u (4 cores) (Kabylake)
* Intel Uhd 620
* Bios Secure boot: of
* Hard drive: SATA (related driver from opencore guide)

Appreciate you guys if looked at my configuration:
I attached the errors images and my config.plist and Opencore EFI used for this installation.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.4 MB · Views: 142
  • config.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20201115_015143.jpg
    IMG_20201115_015143.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 921
  • 20201115_021710.jpg
    20201115_021710.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,112
Hi.
I am a little new to opencore and hakintosh.
I carefully followed opencore installation guide through their website and gather onencore EFI related files from github accordingly to my laptop Cpu.
Boot with.
* All thing was ok execpt ACPI error showed on my screen but process continued and installation bigsur page arrived. successfully installed fisrt setup from usb and automatically laptop reboot to continue installation.
* Problem: installation continued after reboot with apple logo and progress and hard drive worked, untill : About 6 min remaining ... of installation, and all thing stopped and freezed. I stay more than 15 min but nothing happened.
* What should i do ??

* Specs:
* Bigsur public ver.
* Opencore 0.6.4 ver.
* Config.plist : set according to opencore installation guide (Kabylake) with new drivers and kexts.
* Hp laptop : i5 8250u (4 cores) (Kabylake)
* Intel Uhd 620
* Bios Secure boot: of
* Hard drive: SATA (related driver from opencore guide)

Appreciate you guys if looked at my configuration:
I attached the errors images and my config.plist and Opencore EFI used for this installation.
Hello...I'm having the same issues. Did you find out how to fix this problem?

Hi

My ACPI (DSDT, SSDT) were not correct.

First of all, just download clover bootloader zip and flash it to USB. Only clover bootloader, you do not need any other installation files.

Boot with that USB and press F4 and wait a second.
All the DSDT and SSDT will generate into the usb. Then you have to patch them with REHABMAN instructions.

If you do that, all ports and hardware will works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back