Ryzen 3 3250U
Graphics
Radeon Vega 3
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What are the best pre-built desktops for macOS 10.15.7 Catalina in the market. I'm too lazy to buy the correct PC parts for macOS.

What are the best pre-built desktops for macOS 10.15.7 Catalina in the market. I'm too lazy to buy the correct PC parts for macOS.
The big three choices are Lenovo, Dell and HP. Choose whichever brand you prefer and look for User Builds/Guides that have the Intel CPU that you want. The latest 10th gen Intel CPUs don't really have any full blown guides to follow but you can also use older CPUs and motherboards.

There also many custom PC builders that will put one together for you. Choose compatible parts, tell them to not install Windows 10 and then do the macOS install yourself. Many custom PC companies use Gigabyte and Asus boards. Those are the best two choices.

The problems with pre-built gaming PCs like this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FBK2DK5/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Most all of them go cheap on the mobo and PSU. The gamers mostly want Nvidia graphics because those are best for PC gaming. All of the newer Nvidia cards have no support in macOS so that ends that as an option right there.

Most of the current Intel based gaming PCs on Amazon offer the GTX 1660 because even PC builders can't get the newest Nvidia cards for their builds yet. All of these are way overpriced for what you get. Much more economical to build your own gaming PC these days. Newer AMD/Nvidia Graphics cards are hard to get, nearly impossible unless you overpay for them, as well as the older RX 570/580.

With PCs like this you're paying a premium price mostly for the fans with LED lights glowing around them. Sad but true. "I can't game without RGB lights, it's just impossible." Is the gamer mentality.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back