Graphics
EVGA GTX680 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just wondering, since there doesnt appear to be a sticky thread for this.

Basically, I'm looking for a board to replace my DZ77-BH55K Intel (z77), which now works perfectly with my 2600K, *except* for not outputting HDMI audio with my HD3000 graphics. I've tried to follow toleda's guide, but the non-DSDT editing doesnt seem to work, and there are no repositories available for a DSDT edit for Intel-brand motherboards last i checked.

So, with that in mind, what would be the simplest way to get a HDMI audio output working? Is there a motherboard out there with a Z77 pre-fixed DSDT for which I wouldnt have to do anything other than drop said DSDT in the /Extra folder?

Failing that, is there a Z87 (for which I would need a new processor, extra cost) in which the above would be possible?

Thanks in advance. Looking for the simplest solution.

Basically, I'm looking for a board to replace my DZ77-BH55K Intel (z77), which now works perfectly with my 2600K, *except* for not outputting HDMI audio with my HD3000 graphics. I've tried to follow toleda's guide, but the non-DSDT editing doesnt seem to work, and there are no repositories available for a DSDT edit for Intel-brand motherboards last i checked.
Since you did not request help with HD3000 HDMI audio, no way to know why it did not work.

There are no edited HDMI audio dsdts because each system (even with the same BIOS) may have a different dsdt. The approach is to edit the installed dsdt eliminating any compatibility problems.
For Z87 and Z77, HDMI audio dsdt edits or HDMI audio edited ssdts are available. Once the dsdt or ssdt is installed, additional kext edits may be required. See Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA.

Thanks for the reply...so, what you are saying is that I would not have an easier time with any other mobo? For example, I'm not even sure what manufacturer created the UEFI BIOS on this intel branded motherboard, although a Toshiba whitepaper *seems* to indicate its an AMI.

Or am I going down the completely wrong path altogether? LOL, I'm so lost.....

what you are saying is that I would not have an easier time with any other mobo?
Virtually all UEFI are AMI. There is nothing hard about UEFI HDMI audio edits; a script does the patching.

I thought I had to generate/patch the DSDT myself? Man, I'm even more lost than before. ;)

Bear in mind, I am currently running DSDT-free, so I haven't edited my DSDT in the past...

Holy #&$^ I got it to work....i'm sure you've heard it a hundred times before, but you are a genius, toleda!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back