Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

First, I'd like to thank the community. I now have a fantastic new Hackintosh up and running, and I'm really enjoying my new machine.

To replicate all of my previous functionality, I'm trying to get a 3rd display online. To that end, I pulled one of the graphics cards out of my previous mac, a Mac Pro (1,1) circa 2006. It's a nVidia 7300 GT. It was working just fine in the last machine.

My current hackintosh setup:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3
CPU: i5-2500k
Video Card: Gigabyte GV-577UD-1GB (Radeon HD 5770)

Right now I'm using the 5770 with two displays, and that's great. I've been trying to get the old nvidia card working, but it just doesn't like that idea.

I've noticed immediately after selecting my boot drive in Chimera I get the attached error displayed on screen:
Code:
bad display block signature (0x2608578b)
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed

What I've tried doing thus far:
  • Installed NVIDIA 256.02.05f01 from MultiBeast
    Modified /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo to include the Device ID of my card

Currently in com.apple.Boot.plist I have GraphicsEnabler set to Yes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this card working, or if there's anything I haven't tried that I should?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 2.23.40 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-15 at 2.23.40 PM.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 287
I have two graphics cards installed: a 9800 GT and a 5770. The 5770 runs my dual monitors, and in OS X, the 9800 GT does nothing (I use it solely for PHYSX in Windows).

Before I had the 5770, I only had one card in my system: the 9800 GT, and got no errors on boot.

When I received the 5770, I ran only that card for a bit, and that didn't give me any errors on boot either.

This is where it gets weird:

Ever since I reinstalled the 9800 GT next to my 5770 (for PHYSX in windows, and to serve no function in OS X), I have got an error identical to yours on boot. Even if I remove the 9800 GT to leave only the 5770, I still get the same error :confused: . I am currently using Chimera 1.3.0; before Chimera's release, I got identical behaviour with Kabyl's Chameleon branch.

The error I get is 100% identical to yours, which shows the cause of the problem: the block signature displayed comes from the 5770 (it must do - that is the only card which we both have), so GraphicsEnabler fails to inject it into the NVidia card.

I have not yet worked out how to fix this. I have tried changing the PCIRootUID in an attempt to make GraphicsEnabler ignore the 5770 I have in the main PCI-E slot, and that didn't work.

The only possible explanation I can see is that Chimera (or any other ATI-compatible branch of Chameleon) stores the block signature somewhere, and verifies it on boot. Clearing the cached block signature could well fix the problem, but I do not know where it is stored. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back