Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear Tonymac and community,

Is it possible (or a suggestion for future versions) to let Chimera boot the first drive automatically after 15 seconds? It would save a me and most likely others a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>15</string>

Add these arguments to your boot.plist (open with text editor.)

for hd(0,2) you can change 0 and 2 depending on your HDD. You can get these from Disk Utility. Click on the partition you want to boot default then File>Show Info. And you'll get something like disk0s2 then change the digits with yours.

Mak 1 said:
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>15</string>

Add these arguments to your boot.plist (open with text editor.)

for hd(0,2) you can change 0 and 2 depending on your HDD. You can get these from Disk Utility. Click on the partition you want to boot default then File>Show Info. And you'll get something like disk0s2 then change the digits with yours.
Ijhu & Mak 1 thanks for the quick responses!

I've tried several extra lines in the boot.plist, also the quiet boot=yes as ijhu suggested, but with no luck. The 'Think different' screen stays stationary. I would like some further help. Therefore, I pasted my com.apple.boot.plist in the attachment. Using Chimera v1.5.4 to boot into Lion.

Attachments

• boot_plist&amp;Disk_Utility.png
    boot_plist&amp;Disk_Utility.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 453
Woah, looks like you have a good bit of junk in your boot.plist, is there any reason you have all that in there?

can you post up your chameleon.boot.plist also?

What you're asking for is actually the default behaviour of Chameleon/Chimera. It will boot to the drive it's installed on after a few seconds.

There are some apps also will help you like:
-Chameleon wizard
-Lizard
-Chapmlist

You can check them on http://www.kexts.com

Very usefull and user friendly apps.

Mak 1 said:
There are some apps also will help you like:
-Chameleon wizard
-Lizard
-Chapmlist

You can check them on http://www.kexts.com

Very usefull and user friendly apps.
Thanks Mak 1. For a noob like me, Chemeleon wizard is an excellent program.
I now understand that the arguments you gave me, had to be placed into org.chameleon.Boot.plits. This program has an easy option to create this file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back