Motherboard
HP 4540S
CPU
1st: Intel i7-3610QM
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I followed Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide and now I have a functional Big Sur installation on my Lenovo Yoga 13 from 2013. I had to fix the keyboard with RehabMans Voodoo-PS2-Controller, but I'm not that lucky with fixing audio.
I'm using AppleALC and tried setting layout-it to 0C000000 (12) and alcid to 12 which are values for audio chipset (CX20590) on my laptop. I also tried resetting NVRAM but there is no sound to be found on my MacOS.
What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?
I attached my EFI and log files.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 31
  • opencore-2023-09-02-152629.txt
    256 KB · Views: 26
I followed Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide and now I have a functional Big Sur installation on my Lenovo Yoga 13 from 2013. I had to fix the keyboard with RehabMans Voodoo-PS2-Controller, but I'm not that lucky with fixing audio.
I'm using AppleALC and tried setting layout-it to 0C000000 (12) and alcid to 12 which are values for audio chipset (CX20590) on my laptop. I also tried resetting NVRAM but there is no sound to be found on my MacOS.
What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?
I attached my EFI and log files.
only the one spec system here please:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

missing your IRQ Find and Replace entries in your config.plist when you created your HPET.aml from here:

you have:
alcid=12 in your boot arguments and also PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)

remove boot argument

The sound is working now. Thank you, I missed that part. If anyone else searches this in the future, the procedure for ProperTree is:
Open both files,
Delete the ACPI -> Patch section from config.plist
Copy the ACPI -> Patch section from patches.plist
Paste into where old patches were in config.plist

I'll use this thread to ask one more question.
According to this diagram, SSDT-GPI0/XOSI is not needed for Ivy Bridge, but when you enter that link, it is needed.
So SSDT-GPI0/XOSI is needed or not for Ivy Bridge laptops?

The sound is working now. Thank you, I missed that part. If anyone else searches this in the future, the procedure for ProperTree is:
Open both files,
Delete the ACPI -> Patch section from config.plist
Copy the ACPI -> Patch section from patches.plist
Paste into where old patches were in config.plist

I'll use this thread to ask one more question.
According to this diagram, SSDT-GPI0/XOSI is not needed for Ivy Bridge, but when you enter that link, it is needed.
So SSDT-GPI0/XOSI is needed or not for Ivy Bridge laptops?
you won't need:
SSDT-GPI0.aml

trial and error with XOSI (and Find and Replace config.plist entry)

I tried enabling touchscreen for my Yoga 13. It's USB HID (OCSysinfo is in the attachment) so I enabled VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID. And after I do that, my screen gets crazy.
So is there any way to fix this?

I found out that member of this forum, dragonflylee did it with Clover (his Github with EFI is here) and I'm using Open Core, but I still can't send private messages in order to ask him any details about it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 18
  • info_dump.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 21
Back