Contribute
Register

Audio not working following iBoot/Multibeast method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the following for Audio in System Profiler.

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x80862008
Audio ID: 888
Available Devices:
Headphone:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack
External Microphone:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

But still in Sound preferences I see no output devices found.

Any suggestions..??

Hey,

Finally after doing lot of permutations and combinations with Audio kexts, I gave up.

But, I saw one post of a success story with Audio, telling me to install only Voodoo kext and delete others.

1. So I deleted all the HDA kexts from S/L/E.

2. I installed only VoodooHDA 0.2.1.

3. Ran the Kext Utility. This is an important step.

4. Rebooted my system.

Wow, there I see the sound icon with full waves. It looks awesome. Wow.

I would like to thank Tony, macman for their fantastic effort in bringing up the OSx86 initiative to this level. Their method is undoubtedly the easiest and the best one. :clap: :clap:
I would like to contribute. I'm not sure what I can do.

I also appreciate the members, who in their busy schedule, help others in fixing issues.
:thumbup:
Thanks a lot everyone,

Cheers.. :)

Guys you're sure you're using 1.1.0 aren't you because I thought I'd had it but it was actually the previous rev I'd downloaded.

Don't forget that the release immediately prior to 1.1.0 had skipped a package or something and if I recall reading the thread correctly, audio was the issue...

vip, just curious which BIOS you're referring to when you say Intel?

I thought the BIOS revs were related mainly to motherboards (which you can view in BIOS setup under the first menu choice on the Gigabyte boards)?

[EDIT] never mind :oops: I just read your specs and saw you have an Intel board... D'Oh![/EDIT]

vipinthomaskc said:
Hey,

Finally after doing lot of permutations and combinations with Audio kexts, I gave up.

But, I saw one post of a success story with Audio, telling me to install only Voodoo kext and delete others.

4. Rebooted my system.

I would like to thank Tony, macman for their fantastic effort in bringing up the OSx86 initiative to this level. Their method is undoubtedly the easiest and the best one. :clap: :clap:

I also appreciate the members, who in their busy schedule, help others in fixing issues.
Thanks a lot everyone,

This seems to have sorted my problem out too!

Thanks!!! :clap:

tonymacx86 said:

Download MultiBeast Here

1.1.1 Released 2010-05-21
-Fixed bug with 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext downgrade option.
-Fixed bug with 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext downgrade option
-Added allow downgrade to VoodooHDA 0.2.1 and VoodooHDA 0.2.56

Maintenance release- should solve some of the Audio/USB issues people were having upon 10.6.3. :D

vipinthomaskc said:
Hey,

4. Rebooted my system.

Thanks a lot everyone,

Thank you kindly, this worked great for me too. Everything seemed to work as expected from the guide but the audio part failed after the 10.6.3 update.

P55M-UD4

Toraen said:
Thank you kindly, this worked great for me too. Everything seemed to work as expected from the guide but the audio part failed after the 10.6.3 update.

P55M-UD4
Your motherboard use the ALC889a codec which is supported natively in 10.6.3. There is no need for you to use VoodooHDA.

MacMan said:
Toraen said:

P55M-UD4
Your motherboard use the ALC889a codec which is supported natively in 10.6.3. There is no need for you to use VoodooHDA.

I must have made a mistake somewhere then.

Prior to 10.6.3 audio worked out of the box.

After the update + multibeast it failed (no audio devices in system prefs).

I tried various install options after it failed. The 10.6.2 kext. Legacy. None of them worked. Followed the steps in the post I quoted and it is working great. (iTunes, YouTube , even world of Warcraft).

Would love to know what, if anything, I did wrong but I'm not very well versed in this stuff yet.

It's ok to use VoodooHDA if it works for you- although the LegacyHDA + AppleHDA is more of a vanilla solution, expecially for those lucky enough to have the 889a chip. So many paths to get to the same place ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back