Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,first hackintosh here..i have been looking for an answer but nothing so far..
i was able to install 10.6.4, all is good except graphics..
Now when i purchased the system i ordered the Ati HD 5570, thinking it was the 5770..
Is there a way to get resolutions etc on this card, or i am out of luck and i need to replace it?
Thanks for any help in advance!
I'm on a Ga58a UDR3,rev 2, i7 950, 6 GB triple DDR3 mem 1333, and the Radeon HD 5570.
Bobizet

bobizet said:
Hi,first hackintosh here..i have been looking for an answer but nothing so far..
i was able to install 10.6.4, all is good except graphics..
Now when i purchased the system i ordered the Ati HD 5570, thinking it was the 5770..
Is there a way to get resolutions etc on this card, or i am out of luck and i need to replace it?
Thanks for any help in advance!
I'm on a Ga58a UDR3,rev 2, i7 950, 6 GB triple DDR3 mem 1333, and the Radeon HD 5570.
Bobizet

The only way would be the same as if you had got the 5770 namely use the Chameleon ATI Experimental Boot loader option in the Multibeast. Then hopefully your PCID is in the boot file that option installs and will work with either one of the 32 or 64 Apple Boot Screen you would also want to install along with this option. So open the Multibeast selecting only these two options install them and reboot to see if it worked.

Hi Macuser, thanks so much for your reply, i tried your suggestion,
but no changes yet...tried both vervet or uakari with the Experimental Ati..
you think it would be same on a 5770?

bobizet said:
Hi Macuser, thanks so much for your reply, i tried your suggestion,
but no changes yet...tried both vervet or uakari with the Experimental Ati..
you think it would be same on a 5770?

Not at all I have seen all kinds of people with the 5770 working with that option so looks like you may want to exchange if possible.

Edit: I would add the so called bat mobile model from Gigabyte seems to be a popular option don't think I have ever seen anyone say it has not worked.

Thanks again Macuser,
I was checking the working cards database, and i see thay Nvidia Gt240 works pretty much OOB,
so i am in the process to swap the 5570 with that since i am under warranty..
What do you think?

bobizet said:
Thanks again Macuser,
I was checking the working cards database, and i see thay Nvidia Gt240 works pretty much OOB,
so i am in the process to swap the 5570 with that since i am under warranty..
What do you think?

Don't see why not those would be close to the same I think performance wise also nvidia cards are easier to get going than ati anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back