Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here's a very simple install guide using internal 4600 graphics. This board does not required a bios patch and Boots legacy (Chimera) without issue.

Update bios to latest version 2104. Build a Unibeast Disk with 10.9.4. Set Bios to defaults. Boot Unibeast with flag -x . Reboot to Unibeast, select SSD/HD (-x) to complete install...

Boot to SSD/HD.. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy and enable "Anywhere".

allow.png

Run Multibeast with these settings:

mb3.png

Use Kext Wizard to install this kext/patch: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...phics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards.html

Reboot with flag, IPGEnabler=Yes. In the Extra folder verify that the org.chameleon.Boot.plist includes:

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For Audio install VoodooHDA 2.8.5. (*View Audio Note Below)
System audio works fine as well as Youtube and Streaming mp4's.

If you have your tools pre-prepared you end up with a fully functional Hack in less than an hour.

Audio Note: In bios go to: Advanced>System Agent Configuration>CPU Display Audio and set to Disable. Not a perfect solution but much better option than USB audio or none at all. Surely HDMI audio is not going to work...

UPDATE: Using Clover UEFI

Install Clover UEFI

clover.png

Change Bios Settings: Bios>Boot>OS Type> Other OS

Select UEFI as first boot device and you're finished. (Use simple-config.plist)

View attachment simple-config.plist

Geekbench Quickie:

gb2.png

Hopefully this helps someone to easily get their Z97 box running... Luck with your builds.
Also: TM dev's have done a great job working through Z97 issues, three cheers and kudos... :headbang: (Consider "Contribute")

Misc: This is just a note section for misc stuff...

Installed EVGA GTX 650, made no changes to bios or config... Works fine.
Tested Messages and iTunes, no issues.
Installed Nvidia Web Drivers, no issue.
Sleep/Wake work fine.

This couldn't be better news.

Thanks for doing the dirty work! :)

I tried using your post as a guide, but there seems to be a lot missing. I updated the BIOS to 2201 (latest). Copied your plist to the USB to boot, but you don't post what kext you used.

I just tried booting off the USB anyway and it just gets stuck at the clover boot options menu. One thing I notice is that the options: (null) shows up in the clover options menu where I select to boot with injected kext, now it says without injected kext. options used to say something like 0x200 or something, I think it was for nvidia video.

I installed Clover (2752) as that is all I had and no bootable osx that has networking as I sold the old motherboard.

I have an nvidia gtx 650 ti.

I just tried from my 10.9.4 usb for my Q87M-E that was working fine, and it hangs at appleintelE1000, it sounds like maybe it is having issues with the lan port? I malso tried my other usb install drives for 10.9.3 and a different 10.9.4 that always failed and they all seem to hang at E1000.

I tried using your post as a guide, but there seems to be a lot missing. I updated the BIOS to 2201 (latest). Copied your plist to the USB to boot, but you don't post what kext you used.
How would I know what kext your board needs? I showed you the MB settings...

I just tried booting off the USB anyway and it just gets stuck at the clover boot options menu. One thing I notice is that the options: (null) shows up in the clover options menu where I select to boot with injected kext, now it says without injected kext. options used to say something like 0x200 or something, I think it was for nvidia video.
I've never seen anything like "null" in options as you state. If you are injecting kext with Clover then you need FakeSMC and your Nic kext in you USB folder EFI>EFI>kext>10.9. If Clover options only displays "without injected kext" then it has already found FakeSMC, probably in S/L/E

I just tried from my 10.9.4 usb for my Q87M-E that was working fine, and it hangs at appleintelE1000. it sounds like maybe it is having issues with the lan port? I malso tried my other usb install drives for 10.9.3 and a different 10.9.4 that always failed and they all seem to hang at E1000.
Try a different version on the Intel driver.

How would I know what kext your board needs? I showed you the MB settings...

I'm using the same board, Z97M-Plus (I forgot to mention that in my post)

I've never seen anything like "null" in options as you state. If you are injecting kext with Clover then you need FakeSMC and your Nic kext in you USB folder EFI>EFI>kext>10.9. If Clover options only displays "without injected kext" then it has already found FakeSMC, probably in S/L/E

I forgot to mention it won't install at all. I tried the CloverGuide by Tonymac and it won't even try to instal. It just hangs and returns to the main clover menu.

I have FakeSMC, IntelE100e ( and tried replacing it with IONetworkingFamily.kext)

Try a different version on the Intel driver.

I've tried 5 different ones now. I have tried v2.4.14, v2.5.4d, v3.0.4.1a, and v3.1.0 from multibeast 6.4.0. Plus I tried the one from the tonymac guide.

I've tried a lot of different methods with differing errors, so right now I'm just using the tonymac Clover guide with integrated HD 4600 video from my i3-4340 to get the installer USB to boot to the 10.9.4 installer so I can actually install OS X to my SSD.

Okay, I gave up with clover after not having the usb installer even try booting one time. It just hangs every time doing nothing at all and eventually drops back to the options menu, sometimes the main boot menu.

I then tried the unibeast 4.0.2 and -x without success. I get varying kernel panic errors. I even tried ketheriel's cpus=1 maxmem=4096 with and without my GTX 650 Ti with no luck. Just kernel panics whatever I do.

Do you have any clues? I'll try to get a camera tomorrow for some screenshots.

I got 10.9.4 installed!!

I thought I'd give it one more time your way after installing the video card ketheriel's way. I loaded defaults in BIOS, F8 to boot off USB, -x boot option and DEADBEEF error. I thought I'd try one more time with -v -x to see if I can get a better details on the issues, and VIOLA! it booted up to the installer.

I ran Multibeast real quick to match the photo and the system settings from photo as well and it rebooted without the usb and off the SSD without issues.

I'll work on audio and video tomorrow, it's way past my bedtime.

Good nite
-=Mark=-

Audio Note: In bios go to: Advanced>System Agent Configuration>CPU Display Audio and set to Disable. Not a perfect solution but much better option than USB audio or none at all. Surely HDMI audio is not going to work...
Audio, no known issues. Remove Voodoo and enable audio in BIOS
MultiBeast 6.4.2 or newer - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC 887
plus √ Optional 9 Series Motherboard Support
plus √ Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support (with Clover)

For HDMI audio, see Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide], use
v2 Mavericks dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio​/1. HD4600/9 Series/8 Series

Audio, no known issues. Remove Voodoo and enable audio in BIOS
MultiBeast 6.4.2 or newer - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC 887
plus √ Optional 9 Series Motherboard Support
plus √ Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support (with Clover)

For HDMI audio, see Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide], use
v2 Mavericks dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio​/1. HD4600/9 Series/8 Series

Thanks! The audio is working great.

I checked my graphics driver as my video was smooth today. It seems to recognize my 650 Ti just fine.

Is there an advantage to having the nvidia driver over the preinstalled one?

I couldn't find the driver revision in about mac, nor an nvidia control panel anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back