1. iOS
My specs:
Asus Z97-K
I5 4690k O.C to 4.2Ghz
8GB of G-skill ram
R9 280 Sapphire dual-x
Sandisk 240GB ssd
mini pci-e to pci-e 1x adapter with macbook 2009 wifi card

This system is absolutely flawless no kernel panics stable as a rock using nothing but a standard multibeast install and a Unibeast drive. I do not have a mac to make a unibeast drive so I had to first install snow leopard using I-boot haswell which you can get from the download section on tonymac. Here is a step by step guide on how I did this.

1)Burn I-boot haswell to a bootable CD/DVD and boot to it
2)Once at the menu simply take out i-boot and insert snow leopard retail disk press f5 and wait a second or two for the disk to show then select snow leopard and install as normal.
3)Once install is finished boot from the CD/DVD again and select your HDD instead
4)Now there is no drivers for the r9 280 or anything else in snow leopard so you will need to use a wifi card like I have or find another solution to access the internet. Here is some compatible wifi cards: http://blazinglist.com/best-wireless-cards-for-hackintosh/
5)Now simply download El Capitan from the app store and follow the standard Unibeast guide

Now to install El Capitan:
1)Remove your graphics card and boot using integrated video ensure you use a digital port e.g HDMI or Dvi as when I attempted to boot using VGA I couldn't get to the installer.
2)For bios settings click F7 to open advanced settings then go to the last tab and restore defaults then go to secure boot and change it from windows UEFI to other OS and make sure CFG is disabled. F10 to Save & restart.
3)Press F8 and select boot to USB
4)At this screen select install OS X from USB
5)Then go through the installation as normal make sure you are installing to a completely wiped drive
6)Once this install has finished boot from the USB but this time select your drive you installed El Capitan on. Important, do not put GPU back yet!
7)Now run the latest version of multibeast found in the download section of tonymacx86.com
8)Select Quick start - UEFI boot mode
Drivers - Audio - Realtek ALCxxx - ALC 887/888b
Drivers - Network - Realtek - RTL881v2.0.0
9)Now restart the computer and enter the bios and set your default boot device as your drive you installed to this will mean when you turn the computer on it goes straight into mac OS X.
10) Once into Mac OS X you should now have audio and ethernet. To set up audio go to system preferences - output and I have internal speakers selected and this works for me. You may have to fiddle with the output options to get yours working how you want them.
11) You can now put your graphics card in and boot up exactly as you did without it and for me using HDMI out on my GPU the GPU requires no drivers and detects my monitor perfectly.

Congratulations you now have a perfect El Capitan hackintosh! My geek bench scores are in line with roughly a iMac 27inch retina with an i7 which I am extremely pleased with :) If you have any questions please feel free to post below and I will help you as best as I can. Good luck! Here is my geek bench: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/5318662

I have tried to get this all working, but USB3 stymies me. Is it working on your build? If so, how?

Have you tried using VGA (analog output) for installing OS?

I try to run my Hakie on similar motherboard but with i7-4770k, and installation freezes after a bar under apple logo completes ( I use USB drive, created with apple laptop using Uniboot and MultiBoot

Questions' update:
1) HDMI doesn't work in loading: monitor shows 'no signal', but if you change commutation to VGA it works perfectly
2) loading bar under apple logo starts filling fast, but after middle it becomes more and more slow
Was it same with your's installation?

I had this as well with my graphics card installed, do you have a GPU installed if you do take it out and run on integrated until you've finished then install process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back