IvyBridge i7-3770K, 16GB 2400MHz RAM
Graphics
ATi Radeon 6870 of course !
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Since I've upgraded my ASUS P8Z77I-deluxe mini-ITX to El Capitan, I've lost most of my USB ports.

I've been experimenting with just the keyboard and mouse plugged in one USB port.

asus_p8z77i_deluxe_wd_back_ports.jpg

The four USB 2.0 Ports and the 2 USB 3.0 below the Ethernet do not support a keyboard mouse in El Capitan. The latest ASUS 1201 BIOS recognizes them and they work in the BIOS.

Only when plugged in the two ASMedia ports that correspond to the "flashback" feature does the keyboard and mouse work...

It was the opposite in Yosemite...

I've tried various things with no success :(

How do I get those ports to work again?

Hello,

Since I've upgraded my ASUS P8Z77I-deluxe mini-ITX to El Capitan, I've lost most of my USB ports.

I've been experimenting with just the keyboard and mouse plugged in one USB port.

View attachment 175909

The four USB 2.0 Ports and the 2 USB 3.0 below the Ethernet do not support a keyboard mouse in El Capitan. The latest ASUS 1201 BIOS recognizes them and they work in the BIOS.

Only when plugged in the two ASMedia ports that correspond to the "flashback" feature does the keyboard and mouse work...

It was the opposite in Yosemite...

I've tried various things with no success :(

How do I get those ports to work again?
CustoMac Desktop USB Fixes - OS X 10.11 El Capitan - Reference

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

What SMBios are you using? On my sabertooth Z77, I have to use a MacPro 3.1 smbios, If I use an iMac SMbios, only my usb3 ports work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back