Graphics
Asus 970 Strix
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last friday, Asus released a new version of its BIOS to v.1204 with the following note:

Z170 PRO GAMING BIOS 1204
1.Support MAC OS
2.Update CPU Microcode
3.Improve system stability

I've searched the web for more answers about #1, but haven't found any explanation of what Asus means by it.
Really interesting.

Any ideas?

I find nothing re new BIOS update 1204. I installed update on ASUS Pro Gaming board and tried my iMAc installation disc but system would not boot to DVD? I would like to install OS x on ASUS machine if u hear anything about this please post.
It is interesting my machine is better than any iMac that is within reason $$.
I could try booting to iMac DVD without Windows UEFI mode enabled but I am not sure what will happen?
I don't want to mess up the Windows Secure Boot.

Well, it's not likely that this BIOS update really means that you just have to put in your OS X disc and it magically works. Still interesting what it could mean. I've reached out to Asus to get an explanation.

Well, it's not likely that this BIOS update really means that you just have to put in your OS X disc and it magically works. Still interesting what it could mean. I've reached out to Asus to get an explanation.
It would be a miracle but because the ASUS bios defaults to Windows safe boot the setting would have to be changed to a non Windows boot disc. It would work if ASUS really is supporting OS x in the 1204 bios update and one changes from Windows safe boot to non Windows. Hope ASUS gives u some feed back so we really know what they mean!

I just heard from Asus. It was a misprint. Too good to be true :)

Last friday, Asus released a new version of its BIOS to v.1204 with the following note:

Z170 PRO GAMING BIOS 1204
1.Support MAC OS
2.Update CPU Microcode
3.Improve system stability

I've searched the web for more answers about #1, but haven't found any explanation of what Asus means by it.
Really interesting.

Any ideas?
That was a "typo" (for lack of a better word) on ASUS' part. It has since been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back