Intel HD Graphics 4600
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

I have successfully installed Mavericks on my oldish Asus x54c-bbk22 laptop (Intel i3 processor with 4GB of RAM) and I am quite pleased to say that after having scavenged a bit around for the right kexts I was able to make everything work (*), with the exception of the integrated webcam.
If I open an application that requires the webcam such as Photo Booth the webcam is recognized, the activity LED turns on but the wheel is spinning in the frame where the video is supposed to be and nothing happens. Similar behavior with Skype.
I have tried to spoof the webcam as an iSight camera using the AnyiSight.kext (+ defining vendor and product IDs in Info.plist) and now it is seen in System Information as:

Built-in iSight:
Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_8507
Unique ID: 0x1a12000005ac213b

But unfortunately this has not fixed the issue. I have also tried to disable the USB Legacy in the BIOS but again no luck.
I have read a post by Rehabman where he says that there have been a redesign of the USB management in OSX version 10.10 and up, but if I am not mistaken Mavericks is 10.9, so that should not be the case.

Any help to fix this is greatly appreciated.

- Ste

(*) Battery management, audio, graphic acceleration, and even the card reader. In reality I have kind of cheated with the wifi part, as I have used a DLink dongle I had from a previous build, which comes with its own kext and works flawlessly. I assume it is probably possible to have the internal wifi to work, but I am focused on the webcam right now.

Hi All,

I have successfully installed Mavericks on my oldish Asus x54c-bbk22 laptop (Intel i3 processor with 4GB of RAM) and I am quite pleased to say that after having scavenged a bit around for the right kexts I was able to make everything work (*), with the exception of the integrated webcam.
If I open an application that requires the webcam such as Photo Booth the webcam is recognized, the activity LED turns on but the wheel is spinning in the frame where the video is supposed to be and nothing happens. Similar behavior with Skype.
I have tried to spoof the webcam as an iSight camera using the AnyiSight.kext (+ defining vendor and product IDs in Info.plist) and now it is seen in System Information as:

Built-in iSight:
Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_8507
Unique ID: 0x1a12000005ac213b

But unfortunately this has not fixed the issue. I have also tried to disable the USB Legacy in the BIOS but again no luck.
I have read a post by Rehabman where he says that there have been a redesign of the USB management in OSX version 10.10 and up, but if I am not mistaken Mavericks is 10.9, so that should not be the case.

Any help to fix this is greatly appreciated.

- Ste

(*) Battery management, audio, graphic acceleration, and even the card reader. In reality I have kind of cheated with the wifi part, as I have used a DLink dongle I had from a previous build, which comes with its own kext and works flawlessly. I assume it is probably possible to have the internal wifi to work, but I am focused on the webcam right now.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi RehabMan,

thank you for your reply. I have tried to locate the gen_debug.sh scipt in the FAQ you have linked and in the Download section of this website, but could not find it. Is this a standard OS X component? Otherwise where can I download it?

Regards

- Ste

Hi RehabMan,

I think I have found gen_debug.sh: there is a github site with the script by black-dragon74, which looks like it should be the one.
I have installed it following the instructions on that site and then run it. It went for a while but then it started looping on the IOReg dumping, with this error displayed:

IOREG dump failed. Retrying
Increased delay x2 for IOREG dump. This will take a while...(33 sec)

Do you know why?

Anyway I have attached the files generated up to that point to this message, maybe they can be of any help.

- Ste

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    63.3 KB · Views: 80
Hi RehabMan,

I think I have found gen_debug.sh: there is a github site with the script by black-dragon74, which looks like it should be the one.
I have installed it following the instructions on that site and then run it. It went for a while but then it started looping on the IOReg dumping, with this error displayed:

IOREG dump failed. Retrying
Increased delay x2 for IOREG dump. This will take a while...(33 sec)

Do you know why?

Anyway I have attached the files generated up to that point to this message, maybe they can be of any help.

- Ste

The gen_debug.sh thread is linked from the FAQ.
Make sure you have the correct IORegistryExplorer (v2.1) installed.
It is also linked from the FAQ...

Hi RehabMan,

I have followed the link and installed the gen_debug script but I am still getting the same error. I have checked the version of IORegistryExplorer and it is 2.1. Anyway, I have run the registry export manually and added it to the output of the script, which I have zipped and you can find attached to this message. I hope it is enough for you to understand the cause of my issue with the internal webcam.

Many thanks!

- Ste

Attachments

• dump.zip
    693.3 KB · Views: 108
Hi RehabMan,

I have followed the link and installed the gen_debug script but I am still getting the same error. I have checked the version of IORegistryExplorer and it is 2.1. Anyway, I have run the registry export manually and added it to the output of the script, which I have zipped and you can find attached to this message. I hope it is enough for you to understand the cause of my issue with the internal webcam.

Many thanks!

- Ste

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

PR files are incomplete (no EFI/Clover).
You should probably start over with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back