Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all!

I'm pretty familiar with OSX86 hacking, I've built a Hackintosh before (GA-P55A-UD3).
I'm looking to make another one for video editing and some audio. I'm just looking for compatibility with the ASUS Rampage III Gene board.

I've heard of many working cases of the Rampage II version and would just like to
confirm if anyone got the board fuly working under OS X Snow Leopard. They're is only one
DSDT for X58 mobos currently, is this some hint that ASUS boards are more or less the same :confused: ?

I found this link for Rampage II boards, yes I've done my Googling around:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 01758&st=0

P.S. Don't tell me to get another motherboard :mrgreen:

yoyoyokao said:
Hey all!
I'm looking to make another one for video editing and some audio. I'm just looking for compatibility with the ASUS Rampage III Gene board.

P.S. Don't tell me to get another motherboard :mrgreen:

Hey - I have the hackintosh 10.6.6 running on an asus rampage iii gene with an i7-950 an 12Gb Ram, a NV240GT. Sata2 + Sata3 working - onboard nic (intel) working -

no clue for the sound - if anyone can tell me what kind of kext I should try - would be great! thnx

z0lu

I have the same motherboard but I can't get SnowLeopard working...can you give me some advice for the installation?

z0lu said:
Hey - I have the hackintosh 10.6.6 running on an asus rampage iii gene with an i7-950 an 12Gb Ram, a NV240GT. Sata2 + Sata3 working - onboard nic (intel) working -

no clue for the sound - if anyone can tell me what kind of kext I should try - would be great! thnx

z0lu

hey, I have rampage III gene, but does not work very well.
4GB of 12GB should not only recognize RAM problem.
You use the DSDT and kext, are requested. plz.
thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back