Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It is difficult to determine what steps to perform to make audio work from all the broken posts. Lion 10.7.3 otherwise works great on my ASUS P9X79 Pro / i7 3930 system w/ATI 5850. Originally installed with aid of MultiBeast 4.2.1

somewhat new Mac hacker here, but very familiar with Linux & FreeBSD. I also do have a real Mac Book Pro (early 2011 model) if this helps.

Is sleep/wake working on this board?

ragtopracer1 said:
It is difficult to determine what steps to perform to make audio work from all the broken posts. Lion 10.7.3 otherwise works great on my ASUS P9X79 Pro / i7 3930 system w/ATI 5850. Originally installed with aid of MultiBeast 4.2.1

somewhat new Mac hacker here, but very familiar with Linux & FreeBSD. I also do have a real Mac Book Pro (early 2011 model) if this helps.

Hey, so I have a similar board, the P9X79, and I can get audio working in 10.7.4, but have trouble with doing it with a DSDT patch.

Here what I did:

Download Multibeast 4.4.0 (or later) and install the following options:

"alc8xxhda + rollback + codec 989"

Sorry for the bad explanation but these are notes that I made during installation process. But select those 3 options within Multibeast and everything should be working fine.

I am assuming that your motherboard uses the same codec as mine (deluxe version), but if not, you can change the codec option to the right one. In the asus manual you can find the codec it uses.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back