Contribute
Register

Asus p8z77-i DSDT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hesitant to go further without some advice for fear of screwing things up more. (see SL to ML screwup for efforts to date.) I don't have the experience yet to delve into editing plist or SSDT gen etc.

Two days ago after updating to the 0902 BIOS, I did a USB BIOS Flashback from the repo. I was able to get into ML only by -x GE=No after that.

Since I have tried various patched DSDT's using MultiBeast. So many that I don't really know which is which anymore. The first patch - I believe - was just with PJALM's repo for my mobo. Then I tried to patch it with the graphics repo. At present, I can still get into ML 10.8.3 only with -x GE=No. I thought the graphics patch was supposed to fix that and I wouldn't have to select the various other options (like in GoingBald's Guide) in MB. samisnake made good points there, but after reading and rereading over and over again, I don't believe I have all the steps right, especially about starting with a "clean" DSDT in MaciASL to patch.

At some point no combination of boot flags would get me anything but a black screen until I booted from UniBeast USB with -x GE=No DSDT=Null. I reverted to what I think was the DSDT from two days ago, patched graphics, and with -x GE=No I'm in. BTW my GTX660TI was removed, monitor connected to DVI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thats samis repo not mine, i make dsdt patches not patched bios files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back