Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have done much research for my hardware for this hackintosh. What I will be purchasing is listed below (having checked compatibility for each one).

I am looking for advice on a DVD Drive and HDD. I would also like to make sure that all of these should work.

ASUS P7H55-M PRO LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor

ASUS ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP (as I understand there are new drivers to support this)

Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory

As far as I understand, all of this should work. Any suggestions/restrictions a for DVD Drive and HDD?

Why not an GT240 for instance? it is more easy to setup and trouble free.

I have this one EVGA GT240 SUPERCLOCLED E1242 which is very quite e better quality components.

HDD Samsung F3 are great, very silent and fast.

DVD could be Sony Sata drive, cheap models available.

rlage1 said:
Why not an GT240 for instance? it is more easy to setup and trouble free.

I have this one EVGA GT240 SUPERCLOCLED E1242 which is very quite e better quality components.

HDD Samsung F3 are great, very silent and fast.

DVD could be Sony Sata drive, cheap models available.

Thank you for the ridiculously quick reply. :)

As far as the graphics card, I am trying to stick with ASUS components. Would a GT 240 be okay with ASUS? I've always had good luck with them and I have a friend that gets me discounts on ASUS. ;) It's much cheaper for me.

The Samsung H3 are what I was looking at. Perfect.

Thank you. I will look at the Sony drives. Does company matter than much with DVD drives? Or video cards, for that matter?

Thanks again. :)

If you are Noob like me :) consider a motherboard from Gigabyte. It easier for hackintosh.

You dont need to match motherboard and VGA manufacturer.

rlage1 said:
If you are Noob like me :) consider a motherboard from Gigabyte. It easier for hackintosh.

You dont need to match motherboard and VGA manufacturer.

I understand they don't need to match. :) However, I'm not a huge fan of the gigabyte boards... And I know that these Asus boards work great. I did consider them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back