Contribute
Register

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP, So far so good, Ethernet & WIFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
flicka,

I did the suggestions you recommended:

1. Start with DSDT=Null and created virgin and patched HDMI audio DSDT.aml (compiled with 0 error), but the warring message ("Errors encountered while starting up the computer." "Pausing 5 seconds...") still existed. Somehow, the PC can still boot into Mac and use without problem. It seems the updated DSDT.aml may not the root of the problem.

2. I guess the BIOS setting, however, I need to try and error. Any hints?

3. Does the recommended, updated patches for 10.9.5 are download from here?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/143208-mavericks-p5k-e-wifi.html

4. Now the Mac is 10.9.4 without AppleHDA with HDAWizard updated, together with the updated patched DSDT. What if I update to 10.9.5, can you verify the steps for me:
1. Run 10.9.5 combo update
2. Repatch AppleRTC with Multibeast
3. Repatch AppleHDA with HDAWizard
4. Repair permission and cache
5. Reboot

Thanks a lot!

Hi marcmax,
first of all, can we continue in the other thread? It can be useful for other.
1) One question, why have you upgraded to slic bios than the original 1305?
Post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist and say me what Graphics card are you using.

2)For the bios settings you can take a look in the bios settings images you can find in the guide.

3) Yes

4) The steps are right.

Pay attention to use the patches for dsdt and applehda both from the above link.
Let me know if HDMI audio is working for you. It is possible it don't, but I think I know why.

P.S.
in the meantime I've installed Yosemite with clover to fix the iMessage error and all is working fine. It is relatively simple

Hi, flicka,

Can we continue in the other thread?
Sure, how can I do?

Why have you upgraded to slic bios than the original 1305
Honestly, I used Win7 without $$, which needed SLIC patched BIOS to being as OEM PC, which bypass the activation for Win7 without any cracking on software/Win7.

Pls find the attached files. I am using Asus GTX650 Ti PH-1GD5
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX650TIPH1GD5/

2)For the bios settings you can take a look in the bios settings images you can find in the guide.
Most of the setting is similar to yours. I used AHCI, of coz. I disabled SpeedStep, manually assigned voltages of CPU and RAM for stability of Overclocking. I manually configured the RAM spec. I guess maybe the SpeedStep? I try to enable it back for testing.
Updated: I tried to set similar BIOS setting as yours but same warning message.

Pay attention to use the patches for dsdt and applehda both from the above link.
(I don't know the meaning of your suggestion? When I patched DSDT, I follow your steps and complied with 0 errors. Does this proved the patch for DSDT 100% success? For the AppleHDA patch, at the beginning, the sound card does not function, and I follow your steps (AppleHDA with HDAWizard) to make the sound work again on 10.9.4.

Let me know if HDMI audio is working for you.
I will check and update you later.

It is possible it don't, but I think I know why.
(Sorry, I don't know the meaning of this... :p

I've installed Yosemite
(Will you share the guideline with us? :)

Hi marcmax,
first of all, can we continue in the other thread? It can be useful for other.
1) One question, why have you upgraded to slic bios than the original 1305?
Post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist and say me what Graphics card are you using.

3) Yes

4) The steps are right.

Let me know if HDMI audio is working for you. It is possible it don't, but I think I know why.

P.S.
in the meantime I've installed Yosemite with clover to fix the iMessage error and all is working fine. It is relatively simple

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    628 bytes · Views: 155
  • smbios.plist
    701 bytes · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back