Contribute
Register

Asus FX753VD keyboard backlight and shortcut keys help needed.

Motherboard
Asus FX753VD Opencore
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
Intel HD 630, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I have a Asus FX753VD notebook. Installed Sonoma and everything woks ... except keyboard backlight and shortcut keys.Tried everything to make it work with no result. After searching the issues tab of asusSMC which everyone pointed as the right solution I discovered this model has a different keyboard that works with https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID . But the latest release is from 2022 so I installed Monterey and it works , but on Ventura and Sonoma it doesn't saying "can't be opened ".
Does anyone know an alternative solution or someone has the skills to make it work on Sonoma ..... PLEASE !!!!!!!
Any help is highly appreciated .

Hello. I have a Asus FX753VD notebook. Installed Sonoma and everything woks ... except keyboard backlight and shortcut keys.Tried everything to make it work with no result. After searching the issues tab of asusSMC which everyone pointed as the right solution I discovered this model has a different keyboard that works with https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID . But the latest release is from 2022 so I installed Monterey and it works , but on Ventura and Sonoma it doesn't saying "can't be opened ".
Does anyone know an alternative solution or someone has the skills to make it work on Sonoma ..... PLEASE !!!!!!!
Any help is highly appreciated .
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Done. But the program still doesn't work. Anything else I could try ? :p

Done. But the program still doesn't work. Anything else I could try ? :p
I've never used that software before

i just use AsusSMC and SSDT's

more info here:

too bad I need help to make the Rog-hid thing to launch in Sonoma and I have no knowledge on how can I make it ...
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 16.55.24.png

I am not the kind of guy that gives up easyly ... so before asking for help I tried that road too ... but I keep getting this error. Tried with Xcode and with terminal ... same error .. Reaching the end of my capabilities I decided to ask for help ..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 23.20.12.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 23.20.12.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 23.22.22.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 23.22.22.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 4
Back