Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I recently bought this card Asus EAH5770 CUcore/G/2DI/1GD5 and I am having trouble configuring it for two displays.

Card has 1xDVi, 1xVGA and 1xHDMI, and I have two monitors, 1 on DVi, and 1 on VGA

I tried everything, and here are the results.

Chimera selects framebuffer Vervet, for my card id. I have full QE/Ci support, everything runs (geekbench, dvd player) but the monitor plugged to VGA doesn't.

If I disable GraphicsEnabler, default framebuffer gets loaded (RadeonFB), I get full QE/CI support, both monitors, but now geekbench, dvd player and games crash.

I tried dozen of other fbs, and I got no better results:

Uakari: No VGA output, Not the correct resolutions
Zonalis: Nothing works
Triakis: doesn't load (loads default)
Motmot:doesn't load (loads default)
Megalodon:doesn't load (loads default)
Fllicker: doesn't load (loads default)
Hoolock: Only VGA display, no DVI
Eulemur: only VGA, no DVI
Baboon: both work, but resolutions are only 4:3
Vervet: only DVI works, but no VGA

I also tried some tweaked framebuffer kext from this forum (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=251444) but that kext won't load (link errors)

I am running 10.6.8, latest Chimera boot loader.

I am going to try a hdmi connection to my tv, but i don't have a cable at the moment. I guess it works on at least one of the fb's. It detects HDMI audio on Vervet.

Is there anything else I could try to get both the DVI and VGA working on this card, and not have apps crashing?

Thank you very much

To answer my own question :)

After days of trying, every single framebuffer, and aditing port info in ATI5000Controller.kext (gazilion of combinations tried) the only way I could get this card to work on 2 displays without crashing DVD player, etc... is this:

1. Revert to old ATI kexts (version 1.6.26)
2. Replace ATIFramebuffer in ATIFramebuffer.kext with the one supplied by JSL here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=251444
3. Load with AtiConfig=Eulemur, or AtiConfig=Vervet (chimera selects this one)
4. and that is it, DVI + VGA works, DVI + HDMI works

I don't understand why I couldn't change ports in new kexts, I'm sure I did everything as instructed (edited ATI5000Controller instead of ATIFramebuffer). But nothing worked, OS X mapped ports without any sense, and I couldn't get single configuration to work properly.

BTW, there is no degradation in performance from using these older kexts, infact, I got somewhat better Cinebench score.

please give me the old kexts
ATI kexts 1.6.26
i mean
because i want to try it with lion after reading some good news about this way
and i cant find it any where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back