Contribute
Register

Asrock z77 e4 OS 10.8.5 No sleep even with the DSDT (file attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
SOLVED: Asrock z77 e4 OS 10.8.5 No sleep even with the DSDT (file attached)

After working through a bevy of graphics issues (that I've only seemed to fix to about 90% to where I want) this is my last remaining issue...the system wont sleep even though I'm using a DSDT that was specifically noted in fixing the issue with this mobo. Display shuts off, comp powers down and after about 6 seconds the fans and drives boot back up. Screen remains asleep, however.

I have attached the DSDT, looked through it myself after seeing that the fix apparently involves removing the line \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0). I could not find it, but may be overlooking.

syslog gives following error:
<Error>: ERROR | -[LWScreenLock(Private) screenIsLockedTimeExpired:] | No lock state found, use built in check

I can think of one thing that may be causing the problem, I may have accidentally patched the AppleCPUPowerManagement kext with multibeast, could this be an issue? I am going to attempt to find out for sure whether or not I did in fact patch it tomorrow. I do not currently have the NullCPUPowerManagement kext so that can't be the issue.

View attachment DSDT.aml

oops forgot to attach.

Found the culprit.

The PXHCD kext I was using to enable the usb 3.0 slit's broke the sleep functionality, are there updated versions that have fixed this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back