2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm getting random SCSI timeouts from the Areca ARC-8050 Thunderbolt raid. The connection usually dies when in the middle of a write operation, and renders the entire system very unstable and unresponsive. This is my primary storage for media, and when I'm in Resolve or Premiere and the entire system dies because a Thunderbolt/SCSI timeout, it makes the system very unhappy. HFS+ journal inconsistencies (causing unmountable volume), node-tree errors (unrepairable by Disk Utility, you must use DiskWarrior).

Basically using the system this way is like walking across a 1000-foot canyon along a 100-year old wooden rope bridge. Has anyone found a solution to this? Yes, the device is always powered up prior to boot. When the Areca is working, it's nice and fast, but there are situations where everything seems like its in an infinite loop and my only course of action was to literally turn off the power to the devices.

Are you still having problems with this? I'm running an ARC-8050 under 10.8.5 and it's been solid. What's your system board and specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back