Gigabyte GA-Z490M UD
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

After spending the last 2 days troubleshooting this, I decided to post what I've done and ask for help since there are many new and unknowns for me with this built. I have a fair amount of experience with hackintoshes and clover but none with OC.

Components:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z490M UD
RAM: Corsair 2x16GB 3200MHZ
CPU: Intel i7 10700k
Disk: Samsung 970 EVO plus 1TB NVMe
GPU: Sapphire 580 nitro 8GB (not currently attached, will add it from old hack once this is stable)

Things I've tried:
-Tried with another disk (non-ssd) to eliminate postential issues with the 970 evo plus. I read about some stability issues with 970 evo plus and that it was fixed on a later firmware but I haven't noticed any stability issues while installing or system crashes. So for now this does not seem to be related.

-I quickly realised that clover doesn't work with 10th gen CPU so I focused on finding out how to do it with open core.
Looked at these posts as well as official OC documentation
[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X / i7 10700K / 5700XT ...
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580 ...

Files under Library/Extensions:
ACS6x.kext, ArcMSR.kext, ATTOCelerityFC8.kext, ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext, ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext, CalDigitHDProDrv.kext, HighPointIOP.kext, HighPointRR.kext, PromiseSTEX.kext, SoftRAID.kext

Things I haven't done:
Making my own plist from scratch.
Fully disabling CSR lock?

Currently the main problem seems to be that most applications are crashing right after being launched. The ones that don't crash work fine thereafter.

Crashing on launch:
Firefox
Finalcut 10.4.8
iMovie - downloaded from appstore
MS Office 2016 apps
Adobe Premiere 2020
Adobe Photoshop 2020
Tor browser
Viber app

Not crashing on launch:
Adobe Lightroom Classic (9.2.1)
Little snitch
VLC
Chrome
Pages - downloaded from appstore
Numbers - downloaded from appstore
Keynote - downloaded from appstore
Safari
Zen Term Lite - SSH client - downloaded from appstore
Transmission
MalwareBytes free

Things that are working:
-Audio
-iGPU
-LAN
-USBs (not sure how many and at what speed)
-Sleep

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm struggling to see where the problem is and don't want to make the switch from the old machine before I can run any application I want.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Apparently this was "solved" by adding the rx580 that I had and intended to use from my old hackintosh once this was stable. However I never solved the issues with the crashes when external GPU is not plugged:(

I moved from Clover to OpenCore on my Z370 yesterday, and I'm getting a Z490M UD delivered this week.

Do you have a DSDT.aml of the board so that I can put together a new EFI for the new board?

Is everything working well for you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back