Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Nvidia
I've got Lion working but have no audio. I attempted to fix this using the Mutlibeast 3.8.0 AppleHDARollback + System Utilities but it only caused my machine to endlessly reboot immediately on trying to load into Lion. I tried a handful of boot switches but they all still had an almost immediate reboot, too fast for me to even see what was happening in verbose mode.

I booted into SL and blew away the AppleHDA.kext and ran Multibeast System Utilites on the Lion partition and am back to where I started, a nice running Lion install but no Audio :(

In case it's relevant, I originally installed Lion on a new partition and then booted into my SL partition to apply Multibeast 3.80 using the UserDSDT for my motherboard (system info below).

Last edited:
Did you also checked ALC8xxHDA in Multibeast?

I have no issues on Lion with P55A-UD4 also with ALC889 audio chip.

Just checked ALC8xxHDA and the Rollback.

I first tried having both options checked and got into the reboot loop until I deleted the AppleHDA.kext. Then I tried just the HDARollback and got the same behavior and again had to delete the offending kext.

So you have the ALC8xxHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions folder?

I removed that as well when I removed the AppleHDA.kext file. I'll try leaving just the ALC8xxHDA.kext file without any AppleHDA and see what that does.

I installed the ALC8xxHDA.kext again without the AppleHDARollback but no audio still :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back