Contribute
Register

AppleHDA.kext for ML from Realtek ALC888 Legacy disables USB Keyboard and Mouse for 5 minutes on boo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
PC
CPU
3GHz
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When applying the Realtek ALC888 legacy driver, my sounds does work, but upon boot - my USB Keyboard and mouse do not work for anywhere between 2 to 4 minutes....

Until I get the Keyboard and Mouse functionality, I see the following kernel message in the event log:

- kernel: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
and
- hidd: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet

Once finally I get these two errors, keyboard and mouse start working:
- WindowServer: Unable to open IOHIDSystem (e00002bd)
- virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task_t, void *, UIInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory (e00002c1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This starts happening just after I install the MultiBeast 5.2.1 -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Witout DSDT -> ALC888 -> v100202 Legacy driver.

It replaces my AppleHDA.kext and adds HDAEnabler1.kext - and sounds start working, but keyboard and mouse do not respond for up to 4 minutes.

I got ML 10.8.2 installed. Thanks.

P.
:banghead:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This starts happening just after I install the MultiBeast 5.2.1 -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Witout DSDT -> ALC888 -> v100202 Legacy driver.

It replaces my AppleHDA.kext and adds HDAEnabler1.kext - and sounds start working, but keyboard and mouse do not respond for up to 4 minutes.

Try 2 experiments.:
1. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with result; USB freeze after boot (Y/N). Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

2. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Witout DSDT -> ALC888 -> v100202 Legacy driver and restart.
Reply with result; USB freeze after boot (Y/N). Attach a 2nd copy of IOReg.

Will do. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back