Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designaire Z390
CPU
i9-9900k 3.6Ghz
Graphics
Onboard iGPU (for now)
I've been following the instructions from this very long thread, and have managed to get as far as booting from the installed system. (Mojave 10.14.6) However, I get the busy timeout messages regarding the AppleACPICPU kext as shown below:
colonel_panic.jpg

I'm currently using the onboard GPU; it's an audio workstation build only, not a gaming or video editing machine. I was getting this message yesterday evening; today I tried copying the AppleACPICPU kext to the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of my Mojave installer flash drive from a machine at my work running Mojave 10.14.6 to see if that would solve the issue, as some reported having the kext available in the folder helped. It didn't in my case.

Here are the kexts I have in the Other folder:
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 6.50.48 PM.png

System install drive is a Samsung 970 EVO (not Plus or Pro) NVMe M.2 500GB, for whatever that's worth. My config.plist is attached.

I have another Hackintosh here I'm currently working from; it's my old studio computer, an i7-870(?) 2.93Ghz from 2011 running 10.7.5, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 109
Solved! Managed to get it to work by injecting kexts via Clover by editing the config.plist. I'm posting from the new i9 right now!

Solved! Managed to get it to work by injecting kexts via Clover by editing the config.plist. I'm posting from the new i9 right now!
Please share exactly what you did - I am having the same issue. could you post your working config.plist please. Will check my kext versions against the ones you have posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back